Malwarebytes 4.0 (formerly known as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) is considered to be the best anti-malware application available today. Malwarebytes is constantly updating their database in order to continue improving the application’s amazing malware detection and removal success. The software was built from scratch to be as efficient and effective as possible. It uses technologies that are designed to quickly detect, destroy, and prevent malware.
Malwarebytes 4.0 can detect and remove malware that even the most well known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to detect. One of the key’s to success is its Realtime Protection Module which uses Malwarebytes’ advanced heuristic scanning technology to monitor your computer to ensure it remains safe and secure. The latest version of Malwarebytes 4.0 also features Anti-Ransomware and Anti-Exploit technologies to keep your computer safe from all sorts of baddies including zero-day threats.
The latest version of the software was launched in November 2019, with a completely redesigned UI to give users more intuitive control over their malware protection. Malwarebytes 4.0 also has improved Anti-Ransomware, Anti-Exploit, Anti-Rootkit, and Chameleon self-protection technologies, along with a new and improved detection and removal engine. The flip-side of all these innovations and advances is that the software has gone from a free version to a yearly paid subscription model. The good news, though, is that it’s a great deal at $39.99 per year, for one PC. For such a powerful tool, that’s a small price to pay.
- Support for Windows 7 and higher (32-bit and 64-bit) as well as support for macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Protects you from advanced (zero-day) threats, including ransomware, so you can surf the Web without worry.
- Removes all traces of malware for complete safety.
- Removes potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that make your computer run poorly.
- Scans fast so you do not have to sit around and wait for your security to finish working.
- Easy to use, just set it and forget it.
- Can replace antivirus or run alongside other antivirus programs.
- Frequently updated malware database (in many cases multiple times per day).
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware protection module to prevent and stop infections from harming your computer. (requires registration)
- Quarantine to lock up threats found on your computer.
- Ability to perform full scans for all hard drives.
- Malware website blocking technology that prevents infections from taking over your computer. (requires registration)
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Easily schedule scans and configure automatic updating. (requires registration)
- Extra utilities to help remove malware manually (including FileAssassin).
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
- Support for over 35 languages and growing!
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Ability to use and configure the scanner within the Command line.
Sign in or become a BestTechie member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.