Hashtag marketing is the new tactic to increase conversion rates
With technology expanding at such a fast pace, social media is becoming the leading marketing tool for merchandising your brand. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other similar platforms are the foundation of any entrepreneur’s strategy. If you want to boost up your ranking on various engines, acquire new followers, and bring more traffic to your webpage, increasing e-commerce conversion rates should be your main focus.
Today, hashtags are the new trend. Studies have shown that posts with hashtags resulted in a 70.14% increase in Likes compared to those without hashtags. So, if hashtags lead to improved engagement rates, should we use them more? Correct answer: yes. Hashtag marketing has become one of the most used tactics in any successful influencer’s marketing campaign. Here’s why and some advice on how to get there.
Your Hashtags Must Be C.O.O.L.
No one likes dull posts or uninteresting hashtags. That’s why you must keep them COOL.
- Creative – that’s right! Boring posts won’t reach high ratings. That’s why you should never use clichés in your captions. Posts promoting this type of content are becoming incredibly overrated. Think outside the box, come up with something new! Make your posts stand out by building up original hashtags.
- Original – not only should your posts be creative, but they should also be original. Uniqueness is a must-have quality when it comes to increasing conversion rates through hashtag marketing. Choose something that says, “hey, this is my brand. This is me.” Make people curious about your products and services. Don’t even think of plagiarism!
- Outstanding — when designing your favorite hashtags, consider your target audience. Who are they, what do they like? What the most appealing content to them? Analyze and research to become outstanding.
- Long-lasting – your posts should be memorable and always fresh in your customers’ minds and, well, telephones. Make them remember your brand’s name by increasing awareness of your products. Come up with catchy hashtags and captivating captions.
Quick tip – don’t forget to keep your hashtags relevant. They must be in alignment with your brand; if they’re too general, what’s the point of using them anyways?
Expand on Different Platforms
You’re allowed to use hashtags on every social platform except LinkedIn, which makes your strategy easier to implement. Raising awareness should be an exhaustive process conducted on various websites. If you can introduce hashtags on Facebook and Twitter posts besides Instagram, you’ll have a higher chance of achieving your desired number of followers and thus, increase your conversion rates.
Nevertheless, connecting hashtags through different channels will impregnate a clear message into your customers’ minds – that you’re expanding your brand and becoming popular, so that they will have check you out. People can instinctively determine patterns, so use this trick to increase awareness even more.
Pick Your Favorite Platform
As I previously mentioned, expanding on other platforms is one of the best ways to increase your brand’s reputation. However, you should always have one specific platform in mind before starting to work. That’s because each website has its own regulations. If you’re not following any guidelines, you’ll have to edit your content too many times before posting.
Let’s look at some examples. Twitter does not value posts containing more than two hashtags, while Instagram and Facebook have no problem with it. You can find more details on how many hashtags you should include on each one of your marketing platforms here:
- Instagram – there’s a lot to say about Instagram hashtags. In a nutshell — you can use no more than 30 hashtags per post, you should use relevant tags (otherwise users can hit the Don’t Show for This Hashtag button; the more hits you get, the less credibility you’ll have on the online market), and you should definitely include them in your Instagram stories (up to 10 hashtags per story) and bio.
- Twitter – for Twitter, I’d recommend you use specific apps to track your hashtag success rate. TweetDeck or HootSuite are two of your best options. They’ll even analyze your competition and give you tips on how to reach better outcomes.
- Facebook – “A business should use hashtags if they are used correctly. It’s completely pointless adding loads of hashtags for the sake of it or adding hashtags that no one is going to monitor or care about,” shares Ian Cleary of Razor Social on PostPlanner.com. There is no maximum number of hashtags for Facebook, but you don’t want to overwhelm your followers. Stats have shown that two hashtag-posts show the best engagement.
- Pinterest – the best strategy is using between three and twenty hashtags per post. Mix broad and specific hashtags to show up in the Pinterest search feed.
Keep your hashtags concise and to the point. If they are too long or general, you risk losing your followers’ attention. Also, using the wrong words associated with your content can harm your online reputation as well. Make sure you keep them short to leave more room for comments, links, captions, and shout-outs. They’re another vital part of your marketing campaign. The only long hashtags that should exist on your page are trending topics hashtags.
Associate Hashtags with Your Brand’s Interests
Design brand hashtags that define your business’s main focus and interests. Then use it as your company’s signature on various platforms and continue to raise awareness of your trademarks. But first of all, you should come up with your company’s core values. Ask yourself –
- What defines your product?
- What characterizes it?
- What makes it special?
- What need does it meet?
- Why should customers choose you?
After you’ve come up with satisfying answers, expose your ideas to the wide public and include home-made hashtags within your captions.
Digital entrepreneurs should optimize their hashtag marketing strategy to increase conversion rates successfully. Learning how this particular strategy works is not rocket science, everyone can do it. You just have to be determined enough to understand the basic concepts and off you go. Better web traffic is waiting for you!
Sign in or become a BestTechie member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.