Tim Cook Kicks Off WWDC '13 With Huge Numbers
Today marked Apple’s 24th WWDC, held at Moscone West in San Francisco, California. Here are some quick facts provided by Apple CEO Tim Cook at the beginning of the keynote.
- 6 million registered developers in Apple’s developer program, 1.5 million developers added since WWDC ’12.
- 1 million daily visitors at Apple retail stores every day last year.
- 407 Apple retail stores worldwide, in 14 countries.
- The App Store is celebrating its 5th birthday in July.
- 50 billion apps have been downloaded from the App Store.
- 900,000 apps within the App Store, 90 percent of apps are downloaded each month.
- 375,000 iPad-specific apps.
- 575 million store accounts (most) with credit cards.
- Apple has paid out $10 billion to developers (which is 3x more than all other platforms combined).
- 72 million Mac’s sold. New iMac became the number one desktop in the U.S.
- The MacBook is the number one notebook in the U.S.
- Mac sales are up 100% over the past five years, compared to PC sales which are up only 18 percent.
- Shipped 28 million copies of Mountain Lion (latest version of OS X).
- 600 million iOS devices have been sold.
Those are some pretty incredible numbers, especially the developer payout numbers.
Sign in or become a BestTechie member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.