How this Miami Ag-tech startup is upgrading farming
Welcome to TechieBytes episode 85 titled How this Miami Ag-tech startup is upgrading farming (feat. Lior Barhai)
Today I'm speaking with Lior Barhai, Co-founder & CEO at Envonics, a startup based in Miami that's helping farmers using hydroponics grow better and more sustainably with data. We discuss why these improvements in farming are necessary, how they lead to a healthier population, why he's building in Miami, and more. Enjoy!
I've also started the Florida Entrepreneurs Club along with my new friend (whom I met on Clubhouse), Nicholas Mohnacky (@mohnacky on CH)! If you're an entrepreneur in Florida (or anywhere around the world) be sure to follow me on Clubhouse (@jeffweisbein) and join us every Monday and Friday at 3PM ET and Wednesday at 7PM ET! Sign up on the site for the mailing list and follow our Twitter for updates.
Topics we discussed:
- What made you want to get into ag-tech?
- What's the future look like without leveraging the technology you've developing?
- How big is this market?
- Why build in Miami?
- Best advice for an entrepreneur moving to Miami?
- What's been the most challenging thing you've faced in your journey so far? How'd you overcome it?
- Why are you the person to build Envonics?
- What's your ask for the community?
Sign in or become a BestTechie member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.