If you’ve tried to jump on Destiny today, you were likely greeted by a large update file. Indeed, Destiny is asking users to download and install a patch, 1.2.0, but this is probably one of the cooler patches you’ll ever have to download for a video game. I don’t want to get into the nitty gritty about specific fixes, but read on for the highlights of what else the patch brought us.
- Faction reward packages won’t turn into shards anymore
- The Speaker now plays a bigger part — he can exchange Ascendant and Radiant materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
- Xur can also help you out with Motes of Light — you can get one by turning in a Strange Coin
- Vanguard and Crucible Commendations are no more (if you currently have Commendations, they can be turned into +250 reputation)
And hey, important note about Engrams — if you get one that the Cryptarch can’t decrypt, hold onto it until May 19. The Cryptarch will be able to look at it then, and you’ll have a shot at getting something from House of Wolves.
Oh, and one more thing — the Queen’s Wrath is on RIGHT NOW. Petra is in the Tower (upper level where Lord Saladin typically hangs) and she has a couple of bounties. If you’re looking for something to do for the next few days, there’s your answer.
Now, on to what Xur’s selling.
Xur, Agent of the Nine
- Truth (Rocket Launcher, Void Damage) – 17 Strange Coins
- An Insurmountable Skullfort (Titan Helmet) – 13 Strange Coins
- Knucklehead Radar (Hunter Helmet) – 13 Strange Coins
- Apotheosis Veil (Warlock Helmet) – 13 Strange Coins
It’s safe to say it’s the week of the helmet, right? And if you’re wondering if you should buy Truth or not, the answer is yes. It’s the only void damage exotic weapon, period. And its rockets have some intense tracking.
Nightfall and Weekly Heroic Strikes
Say hello to the last week that these strikes will be the same. Bungie has stated that, in order to avoid locking non-DLC players out of both activities, the strikes will be different starting on May 19. For this last hurrah, both the Nightfall and Weekly Heroic Strikes are the Will of Crota. That’s right… you get Omnigul for like the third time in a month! Modifiers for the Nightfall are Arc Burn, Epic, Juggler, and Lightswitch. The only modifier for the Weekly Heroic is Juggler.
Have something Destiny-related you’d like to share? Send it on over to email@example.com. Thanks, and see you for House of Wolves on Tuesday, May 19!