Welcome back to BestTechie
Yes, welcome back! I've been doing a lot of talking and tweeting lately about what we've been working on here at BestTechie and today I'm thrilled to finally be able to show it off as well as our plans for the future. Today, we are launching our brand new community-focused design and content strategy, which includes our new take on reviews, how to's, insights, and analysis. It also means we're launching some new initiatives as well.
Before we get to all that though, I want everyone to think of today as a rebirth of the site, so whether you're new or a long-time reader of BestTechie – welcome! It's important to understand where we have been to see where we are going and I'd like to take a moment to explain why we're making all these changes and what it means for you.
Over the past few years, we lost our way. It's tough for me to admit, but we did. There's a multitude of reasons for this but I think the triggering of it all actually revolves around the shut down of my analytics startup, KYA, back at the end of 2017. It was then that the quality of the content we were publishing started to fade until it was not of the caliber that I had held myself and the team to for so many years prior. I'm here to tell you that's no longer going to be the case. Moving forward, you can expect to see a lot more authenticity in our content.
What's new at BestTechie
Here's what I'm super excited to announce starting today.
- Living reviews (consistently updated product reviews that actually reflect real life usage over time). This means more content about real experiences with products and services — not just details about the products/services — so you can make an informed decision when you're ready to buy.
- Implementation of a brand new CMS (we migrated from WordPress to Ghost) and comment system that empowers you, the audience, to engagement on the site in a positive way.
- Become a destination for entrepreneurial resources with the launch of the brand new Resources section of the site which will feature a collection of helpful resources ranging from recommended downloads to must-read newsletters and articles to must-listen and watch podcasts and videos. If you have recommendations for resources that you think should be added to the section, let us know!
- The launch of our very own membership product: BestTechie Plus which offers access to a number of great perks such as access to our online courses (including early access to our course on how to become a highly effective business networker), an ad-free site experience, access to our member-only Discord to meet and communicate with other people in the community (including myself!), as well as access to member-only discounts and giveaways, plus much more. You get all that and more with membership, and did I mention, pricing starts at only $5/month or $40/year. It's a steal if you ask me!
- We're relaunching the TechieBytes podcast too, starting with two brand new episodes that are being released today. Additionally, we're always looking for new and interesting guests, if you or someone you know would be a good guest on the podcast, please get in touch.
What else you can expect from BestTechie
I mentioned authenticity being critical for BestTechie — I believe that (especially with everything that's going on in the world right now as well as over the past few years) authenticity is what's going to help us move forward both at BestTechie and in general. No one's perfect and we can no longer pretend to live in a siloed tech "bubble." My commitment to you is that all future BestTechie content will be what I'm calling: high quality, but not [necessarily] perfect. We will only publish content we feel really good about – this means we may not publish daily (at least, at first) but you can rest assured when we do hit that publish button it'll be worth checking out. I encourage you to take the same mindset into your own work too. I've found it to be extremely helpful.
Anyway, enough of all the official business. It's time to celebrate the launch! If you would like to collaborate, chat, provide feedback, have a question, or just want to say hey – please do not hesitate to reach out via email or Twitter. We have a lot more in the works, including a ton of great new content so I'll see you all around.
Here's some of our latest content:
Sign in or become a BestTechie member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.