Koss MV1 Review
The Koss MV1 headphones are designed to be high-end, professional, and studio grade. Koss’ MV1’s are built with audiophiles, producers, and broadcasters in mind and they are definitely a solid pair of headphones. The MV1’s build quality is pretty decent and especially deceiving, looking at them in a picture it is not apparent they are made from plastic, but in fact, they are. Plastic aside, they are built to last provided you can take care of your belongings.
Koss’ MV1’s have a strong bass (typical for most Koss headphones), mellow midrange and treble. However, after a lot of usage (approximately 100 hours or so) the treble will open up a bit and the bass/low mids will lessen a little. I found through my listening that positioning the headphones band slightly up (forward on your head) until your ears touch the edges of the cup, then centering them will produce the best sound. The MV1’s are closed cans (which may or may not be for you), I found that after extended listening sessions that my head would start to sweat and it be very uncomfortable.
Overall, I am pretty satisfied with these headphones. They sound great, I just wish they were a bit more comfortable. I would recommend you buy them at Amazon or some place similar. The suggested retail price is $179, I wouldn’t buy them for more than $120. You can get them on Amazon for around $110.
Some more technical details about the Koss MV1’s:
- Color: Gold band with black earcups
- Headband material: Adaptable steel and rubber
- Diaphragm: 2 mm high-polymer
- Coating: Titanium
- Voice coil: 1-inch diameter, oxygen-free copper
- Magnet structures: Computer-optimized ferrite
- Frequency response: 10 Hz to 25 kHz
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Sensitivity: 98 dB SPL
- Distortion: Less than 0.1 percent
- Cord: Coiled, single entry, 8 feet
- Plug: 3.5 mm (includes 6.3 mm adapter)
- Cushion type: Closed
- Foldable earcups: Yes
- Case: Yes
- Item weight: Information not available
- Warranty: No-questions-asked lifetime
- In the box: Headphones, 6.3 mm adapter, case, user’s manual