Google Glass Tech Specs Revealed
Google has released the specifications for Google Glass, its upcoming wearable computing technology. Some things you may notice missing are the actual display resolution, the processor specs, network connectivity information, warranty details, and price. Nonetheless, here is what we know based on the post. Behold! The Google Glass tech specs:
- A display that’s comparable to a “25 inch high definition screen from eight feet away.”
- 5 megapixel camera
- 720p video recording
- Bone conduction audio
- 802.11b/g Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth (not clear if this is 4.0, but that seems likely, as it’s low-power)
- 16GB flash memory storage; 12 GB usable (and synced with Google’s cloud storage services)
- Battery will last one full day of “typical use,” less if you’re doing video recording or Google+ Hangouts.
- Micro USB port. A cable and charger are included, and the support page warns you to use the included charger, so it’s probably a nonstandard current.
- Adjustable nosepads, with two sizes of extra pads.
The site says Glass will be compatible with “any Bluetooth-capable phone” but a companion app, called MyGlass, will require Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher, in order to enable GPS and SMS message delivery. There is also no word on what version of iOS will be required to run the MyGlass app (if it even will have one).
Sign in or become a BestTechie member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.