Spyware Protect 2009 is a rogue program. It is often installed via Downad.KK/Conficker.C and it will display fake security alerts about threats to your computer. The rogue application will display fake alerts and warnings trying to scare you into purchasing the product to remove infections on your computer that it claims exist. Do not purchase Spyware Protect 2009!
If you are infected with Spyware Protect 2009, please take the time to download and install Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware.
In order to remove Spyware Protect 2009 from your computer, please follow the instructions below.
Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware to your desktop.
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
o Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
o Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
* Then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. The rogue application should now be gone.
If for some reason you are unable to run Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware due to the infection blocking it, try this work-around method.
That’s it, you should now be infection-free! If your current anti-virus solution let this infection through, you may want to consider purchasing the PRO version of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future.
If you should require further assistance feel free to post on our forums.