Back in June I did a presentation at the WordPress NYC meet up on how to get the most out of your content analytics. The presentation runs about 30 minutes and at the end I took some questions from the audience. You can watch it below!
- We need to stop relying on the page view as the defacto standard of content performance.
- Start using clarity metrics not vanity metrics to determine success.
- Determining audience engagement is a multi-faceted problem and should be measured as such.
- It’s important to leverage tools such as custom reports to dive deeper into understanding your audience.
- Automated insights will continue to become more common among analytics services/tools.
- Data is not the devil and it should be viewed as a tool/benefit that can help grow and retain your audience.