How To Disable Java In Your Web Browser
With many of the recent security breaches as of late being due to people having Java enabled in their web browsers, we created a step by step tutorial on how to disable Java in your web browser. Follow our instructions below or watch the video above to learn how to disable Java in Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
- In the Chrome address bar (OmniBox), type about:plugins.
- Under the Plug-ins section, find the Java applet Plug-in or Java(TM) and click on Disable.
- Close and restart the browser to enable the changes.
- Open the Add-ons section in Firefox.
- In the Add-ons Manager window, select Plugins.
- Find the Java (TM) Platform or Java Applet Plug-In, select it and then click Disable.
- Open the Safari Preferences.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Deselect Enable Java.
- Close Safari Preferences window.
- In the Java Control Panel (located in the Windows Control Panel), click on the Security tab.
- Deselect the check box for Enable Java content in the browser. This will disable the Java plug-in in the browser.
- Click Apply. If the Windows User Account Control (UAC) dialog appears, allow permissions to make the changes.
- Click OK in the Java Plug-in confirmation window.
- Restart the browser for changes to take effect.