Here we go Harry Potter fans (and yes, I’m talking about myself as well). 1 minutes and 20 seconds of an upcoming Harry Potter RPG looks to have leaked online.
While this could be fake, the footage looks incredibly polished making me believe it’s real. The video, which was leaked on YouTube as an Unlisted video (but has since been taken down) shows off a number of locations, characters, spells and monsters through the wizarding world of Harry Potter.
We’ve embedded a screen recording of the video below for your viewing pleasure. You’ll want to sit down for this.
Here’s what we know about the game description
Set in the 19th Century (1800’s) Wizarding World, this 3rd person open-world action RPG game centers around your character with unique abilities who has eared a late acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
You are a newly arrived 5th year student to Hogwarts that demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a pottant ancient power. Upon arrival, strange events begin to materialize In the Forbidden Forrest and trouble begins o brew within the castle walls. Together with Professor Elezar Fig, you embark on a journey through both familiar and never before seen locations to bring to light the truth behind these mysterious occurrences.
On your quest you will craft potions, master new spells, and discover fantastical beasts. You will battle Dark Wizards, Goblins, and other supernatural enemies and uncover the truth about your destiny – the Fate of the Wizarding World lies in your hands.
Footage of a Harry Potter RPG game has leaked online and it looks INCREDIBLE! Check it out!Click to Tweet
Harry Potter RPG features
- Journey to Hogwarts to become one of 8 different Wizard types
- Experience Hogwarts, make new friends, uncover new secrets, and change the fate of the Wizarding world.
- Experience a new magic system that creates countless possibilities to master magic.
- Freely explore the Wizarding World for the first time. Choose your house and friends at Hogwarts, and decide to pursue a path of good or evil.
- Create your own witch or wizard, and experience a all new story separate from the books or films.
As of right now, it sounds like it’s going to be a PS4 game, which would suck for me because I don’t own a PS4… I guess that’s going to change in the (hopefully) near future.
What do you think of the game? Leave a comment down below or tweet at me.