I watch anime on my laptop now. I hook it up to my 27" TV (both video and audio) so the lower resolution of the TV won't show the imperfections in a 640x480 video in fullscreen plus the screen is bigger. I would like to try and find a decent remote with basic controls like play/pause, stop, forward, rewind and all that good stuff. Maybe a volume conrol wouldn't be too bad. I don't really know where to look and I just wanted some opinions on some that some of ya'll (if any) have used. Any help would be appreciated and thank you.

I watch anime on my laptop now. I hook it up to my 27" TV (both video and audio) so the lower resolution of the TV won't show the imperfections in a 640x480 video in fullscreen plus the screen is bigger. I would like to try and find a decent remote with basic controls like play/pause, stop, forward, rewind and all that good stuff. Maybe a volume conrol wouldn't be too bad. I don't really know where to look and I just wanted some opinions on some that some of ya'll (if any) have used. Any help would be appreciated and thank you.

That's a good question, Honda Boy.

I sometimes watch CDR's with burned AVI and DVIX movies that I play through my laptop hooked up to my TV. I have to control the motion and sound via the laptop.

A remote would be nice.

Let me know if you find a solution.

Joe

I think I lucked into what I need/want.

ATI Remote Wonder on Newegg

Unfortunately it's sold out.

*hot dog, I found one on wolf camera of all places. A little more expensive but they actually have them.

ATI Remote Wonder on Wolf Camera

Edited by Honda_Boy

*hot dog, I found one on wolf camera of all places. A little more expensive but they actually have them.

I wonder how good it works if you don't have an ATI video card?

I don't think you have to have an ATI video card

Also apparently this version of the remote isn't that great but the Remote Wonder II that ATI sells in there on online store works much better.

My laptop has ATI graphics so I'm not worried about compatibility. I only use nVidia in my desktops though. :thumbsup: My laptop is what I watch videos on though. I need to put 1. a DVD burner and 2. a larger hard drive in it cause that 40 GB isn't enough for my videos. I already have about 6 gigs.

According to the requirements it doesn't seem like it matters what video chip you have, it's just it integrates with the ATI drivers if you do have an ATI graphics chip.

Edited by Honda_Boy
I don't think you have to have an ATI video card

Also apparently this version of the remote isn't that great but the Remote Wonder II that ATI sells in there on online store works much better.

My laptop has ATI graphics so I'm not worried about compatibility. I only use nVidia in my desktops though. :thumbsup: My laptop is what I watch videos on though. I need to put 1. a DVD burner and 2. a larger hard drive in it cause that 40 GB isn't enough for my videos. I already have about 6 gigs.

According to the requirements it doesn't seem like it matters what video chip you have, it's just it integrates with the ATI drivers if you do have an ATI graphics chip.

I put a 120 gig Seagate in my Inspiron 8200 laptop. With the original 30 gig, I was always maxing it out.

For a DVDburner, I decided to get an external LG usb. More versatile I think.

That remote looks interesting.

Edited by irregularjoe

Ouch, that's a replacement remote control for an existing ATI card,

My desktop has the ATI DV-7500, a $200 card about 4 + years ago.

No way is that what you are looking for, besides it is more about control the comptuter

than what you are looking for.

Marsh

Ouch, that's a replacement remote control for an existing ATI card,

My desktop has the ATI DV-7500, a $200 card about 4 + years ago.

No way is that what you are looking for, besides it is more about control the comptuter

than what you are looking for.

Marsh

I don't think so.

The specs state that it will offer limited control on any graphic card via a usb connection.

Should be able to fast forward and pause through DVDs I would think.

I might be wong though.