which linux  

11 members have voted

1. 1. which linux do you use

• suse
    • fedora
    • ubuntu

Gentoo, Slackware Linux From Scratch.. I dislike most user friendly distributions..

• 2 weeks later...

I have used:

Slakware 3.0

Redhat 5/6/7

Fedora

So far, slakware is the one thats harder to use then Redhat, becausse of the RPMs and the one I currently use is defora, although I am not the root user.

Take Care :)

Brian

Debian (sarge/etch/sid)

Over the last three days I've finished removing Debian from my Linux boxes. For some reason Debian Etch began to have file system problems for me, it is beta software.

I installed Ubuntu on one of my Debian boxes and Slackware 11.0 on the other one. I think from now on I'll just run stable releases. :D I'm happy now with two Slackware 11.0 boxes and one Ubuntu 6.06 box.

I think from now on I'll just run stable releases.

what fun is that??

I think from now on I'll just run stable releases.

what fun is that??

Heh, I'm getting tired of dealing with apt-get errors in beta level software:-) I'll still be updating my boxes every six months or so as each release of Slackware and Ubuntu comes out.

I guess I've really come to love Slackware, it is my main distro now. :thumbsup:

Debian Etch is fine, but, Ubuntu 6.06 is just a bit more stable right now. Sarge is nice, but, it is ancient software. I run Ubuntu on one box where I have a hardware incompatibilty with Slackware. I'm sure at some point in a month or two I'll get bored again and do something really stupid with one of my boxes:-)