Is Xml Over Kill?

Hey everyone, I'v been searching for a project and i finally came up with one that is challenging but within my ability, So this project requires storing info and SAVING it to be loaded and read later.

What it needs to store is Questions, 4 choices for answers, and then point value for each answer, Like those online "What superhero are you!", Would XML be a right choice for this? or could i do this with a .dat or .txt file.

Would XML be a right choice for this? or could i do this with a .dat or .txt file.

XML is a markup language and .txt/.dat are file extensions. They are only related in such that they are both concerned with computers.

The best and easiest way to store this data would be in a database. However, if you want to use a flat file method, then XML isn't a bad start. This is because it can easily be put through regex matches to get out the data you need. The actual storage of the data in a flat file is irrelevant. You can name the file myfile.qwerty if you really wanted to. The computer will care not what the extension is. It'll read the contents of it no matter what extension it has.

~Phil~