Linux Support Forum

I see in this forum there's a place for Windows support. Is there a possibility of a section devoted to Linux/Unix where *nix users could post questions, help users?

Thank you.

hitest

Hi hitest,

Yes, I was planning on making one. This is a brand new forum so I am just getting everything the way I want it then I will add some more forums. It shouldn't be that long, because everything is almost the way I want it. I'll try to get the Linux/Unix forums up sometime tomorrow.

Enjoy the boards

B

Wow! Thanks Besttechie! I didn't think I'd get a reply so soon. Cool.

I've been requesting a Linux forum at another board that shall remain nameless *cough G4 cough*

The other forum is good; it's just I miss having a place to hang with other users.

Thanks again :D

hitest

Yeah that will be great I/m just learning linux (knoppix) to start with and I'm sure I'll have questions. When I get new HD gonna install Mandrake or Debian or Suse. Not sure which yet advice on that will be helpful

JD

I'm running Mandrake 10 right now and it's great. I was running Red Hat 9.

When you're ready to install one of the distros you mentioned I suggest you go to the hardware compatibility site for the distro. For example, Mandrake has a listing of all of the hardware that is known to work with Linux. You want to make sure your video card, NIC, modem, sound card, and CD ROM drive are Linux compatible.

I am still playing with Xandros and yes I know what hard core Linux people thing about it but I am still amazed how many Windoze app run within it and how easy they are to install. Some even appear to run better than they do in Windoze.....just kidding but I am having fun with it.......