R.i.p. Old Friend

100_0128.jpg

100_0523.jpg

mycarmasksig1.jpg

mycarwheels006.jpg

civictotaled001.jpg

civictotaled002.jpg

civictotaled003.jpg

Bad curve, bad weather, oil and fluids from other wrecks, and a Jeep Cherokee. Brakes locked, wheel was turned. Head on collision. Luckily we were both going slow. Nice fellow. would have liked to have met him in a different way. No one was hurt. Just a totaled Civic and a moderately damaged but wiht a few hundred dollars, a perfectly drivable Jeep. Just machines. Unfortunately I talked to mine like it was alive. I feel like I've lost a best friend.

I will miss you my beloved Civic. Rest in Peace. You served me, my brother, John, and your first owner well.

Goodbye.

I'm glad you are ok young man!!! But just in case, you ought to be checked out by a Dr especially after a crash doing that much damage! And don't sign any insurance release papers anytime soon until you are sure you wont have any lingering medical problems!!! Many times the insurance companies want you to sign a release within a week or two, which is way to early for many spinal and muscular problems to really show up.

I'm sorry about your pretty little car!!! I know how it feels to have a car you love wrecked. Not a good feeling for sure.

Take care of yourself for the next few days as you will probably be a bit stressed out and sore too.

Hugs to you! :wub:

Pat

God bless everyone

Oh, Hondaboy! *tear* I am SO sorry to hear about the car! I KNOW what you're going through. I salute the Honda and thanks it for serving it's Driver so well. RIP, dear Civic, RIP and thank you for doing such a great job keeping our Hondaboy safe.

SO glad no one was hurt, that's the most important thing. Like Pat said, you'll probably be hurting in places you didn't know existed tomorrow, if you're hurting bad, see a Doc

Love,

Liz

Well the wheels seem fine bubba. I'm getting sore already. I wrecked at about 10:30 but was in class on time at 12:30 thanks to my dad. 10 Minutes into class my neck and collarbone hurt plus I had a quiz. I left school at 3:20 also courtesy of my dad. Glad my laptop survived. It got flung out of the front seat.

I saw the wreck coming. I looked at that turn and was praying no one was coming. Then I saw that Cherokee. My feeling wasn't "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" but rather "aww jeez". My final thought before impact was, of course, "Goodbye friend".

We're gonna try and get a U-Haul car trailer, you know the one you stick the front wheels in and it rolls on the back wheels, and take that thing to my grandmother's house. We have the tools and an engine hoist to remove the motor there and a shop to work in. The valve cover, distributor cap, spark plug wiring, intake, and maybe the exhaust manifold are damaged. Boy howdy that intake was demolished. Flattened like a pancake. If we manage to repair the motor I can either sell it for $1000 or get me a CR-X and drop the ole Z6 in it. Oddly enough the tranny and axles seem fine. I think the strut tower bar saved it and much of the engine too. And we thought it was useless when my brother put it on.

We got the wheels off fine. One got stuck but I think the rust from the front brake was causing it to stick. We just left it on with the lugs loose and lifted the other side to get that wheel. It too was stuck but not as bad. One good yank and off it came. My dad then remembered the Hardees Milk shake commercial and begin pushing and shaking the car. We heard a pop. After getting the old wheel on we go back to the stuck wheel. We jacked the car undid the lugs and it slipped right off. We also removed the radio and speakers. Fairly new radio and brand new speakers in the front. Yeah we ain't leaving them. We grabbed the back ones too. They were Pioneer premiers too. Just the oldest part of the system. Then we remembered the Gauge cluster. It cost us over $100 to put in. We weren't about to leave it. I can get $80 easy.

The front bumper was intact but rough looking. It's in the shed as a momento. It, one corner light, and headlight that survived. I managed to find my hood emblem. It's staying with me for a long time. I'm going to be sure to get the tail lights off too. Maybe the muffler. I may pop off the rear emblem as well. I love that car and I'm keeping what I can of it.

At least my dad and I got one last good cruise out of it yesterday. I think he'll miss it too. In fact he is wanting more than me to find another like it. I find it a good time to change but he loved the look of the lowered coupe on Integra wheels. I want an Si hatch so bad but they are damn near impossible find. If one of ya'll spot one for sale. Please tell me. I'll travel to get it.

Well today was a good day gone awry. Me and JP discovered something fun to do after our history class. We went to the game room in the student center and played pool. I won twice. We played 2 games. :thumbsup: . After going to the library a bit, I left and he stayed. I stopped and got me a Vault and a Crunch bar and went on. 1 minute later my car is totaled and I meet a new person. I was only shakey for a few minutes. I was actually shook up more when I hit a dog. This time nothing was hurt. I wasn't scared at all. Not even right before I wrecked. It was just a feeling of "aww crap". I somehow knew it was coming and knew the car wasn't going to be with me much longer. If ya'll look back at one of my posts, I halfway predicted it. I said as much as I hate to, I'm going to have to ditch it for another better shape car.

As old doors close, new ones open. Maybe my boss will be sympathetic and give me the raise I was supposed to get a while back so it help me pay for another car. They knew it at work how much I loved the thing. Maybe I'll be able to get a B-Series engine like I want for my new car and have the JDM parts I'd like instead of rice parts.

Well as I said before, Good bye and Rest in Peace my beloved Civic. There wasn't any other like it. It was special. A less comon color on a less common trim level. Un common Integra wheels and crazy little querks that only that car had. It was a trooper till the end. Surviving 3 three of John's sliding off the road wrecks, it was brought down on the fourth wreck. A head on collison with an SUV will do it. That little booger will remain in my memory for a long time.

It was special though, cause........................

It was mine. No one elses.

My baby.

My favorite car in the whole world.

The unique grey Civic that everyone knew to be my baby with it's Integra wheels and deep loud growl.

I want it back so bad now. I'd rather have it than any other car now.

Not another like it.

It.

My car

My pride and joy

My Civic

My Honda

The car that made me Honda Boy.

That car probably made me happier than anything else outside family.

It was a friend.

A beloved friend.

I'm so sad now.

I think I'll go for a while. I feel so awful now.

Good bye.......

my car

my baby

my pride and joy

my Civic

my Honda

My Friend

That sucks. I know the feeling well. I had a '66 GTO convertible that I completely went through. Two weeks after giving her a fresh paint job I totaled it doing just over 100 m.p.h. I loved that car. The only thing I could salvage was the 8-track deck and passenger bucket seat. I mounted the seat on a bar stool frame that I had welded to a manhole cover (misappropriated). I hooked the 8-track to a power supply and connected to the speaker that was installed in the back of the seat. This served as my workbench chair for many years. Someday I will find another just like it.

Definitely see a doctor. I knew I had some injuries, but didn't consider them bad. After a couple of days I ended up in the hospital to be treated for multiple fractures.

These pictures are of one very close to mine. The only difference was mine had white interior and top.

66GTOside.jpg

66GTOfront.jpg

66GTOinterior.jpg

66GTOengine.jpg

Here's a 1993 Honda : Civic Hatchback SI with a blown engine. Many aftermarket parts go with it.

1993 Honda : Civic Hatchback SI

If the boss gives you a big raise here's a custom Civic for $6,700. I could see you cruising in this.

2002 Honda Civic SI

Sweet!

1991 CIVIC HATCHBACK WITH B18 SWAP!!!!!VERY CLEAN!!!!!

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

Glad there weren't any serious injuries (or worse).

Interesting that you noticed the connection between you wanting a different car and the accident: "Ask and ye shall receive."

I too thought about the loss of an "old friend" when I totalled my Comanche.

I still have a few items from my first "love" (an Opel Manta) and every time I see them it brings back fond memories (but then, the next few vehicles I owned have given me many fond memories too). I'm sure you'll look back fondly too AND make new memories.

(I feel a little guilty talking about a hunk of metal with such reverance, but, hey, I'm a car nut.)

I still have a few items from my first "love" (an Opel Manta)

I once owned a 74 Manta except it wasn't as fond a memory for me. But I still have the Opel emblem.

Oh and sorry about drifting from topic.

Edited by isteve

Heh-heh, I hesitated even to mention "Opel" 'cause I suspected no one would be able to even picture one, let alone anyone ever having owned one. Mine was bought when new (yes, that long ago) and it was an awesome car. Faster than anything similar, handled like a BMW, solid as a rock (which was fortunate as it was my first car and I abused the life out of it). Only problem was expensive maintenance costs and lack of factory support (it was sold here by Buick -- for no logical reason whatsoever).

If you're younger and bought it used, yeah, the high maint. cost and lack of factory support probably meant the car was ... umm ... not "fresh." Now, if you bought it in Germany and it STILL sucked, there's no excuse for you not loving the car! :D

Well folks, if I'm lucky I might be rolling in a Red 97 Acura Integra GS-R. I always wanted a B18C1 motor. And I might just have one. That bad boy is a 1.8L DOHC VTEC cranking a factory 180HP versus my old D16Z6 (1.6L SOHC VTEC) 125HP horse facory (maybe 135 with the stuff that was on it). This Integra has a tuned exhaust too.

I'll miss my car greatly. It'll spend some time at my granny's sitting with a wrecked 65 chevy half ton and an old Caprice (those are just the non-running/wrecked heaps, there are 2 running trucks, 2 cars, a van, and a tractor). We'll strip it for what we can. SOme things for sentimental reasons and some for money. The taillights are perfect. The bucket seats are fine. The trunk lid is scratched up but fine. The doors might be alright. After it's stay at my Granny's it'll probably be sold to a junkyard up there. We aren't dealing with the junkyard that towed it anymore after what happened earlier. I won't go into detail.

My dad just may spring for the Integra since it is a 97 and any major problems like wrecks will have to be reported on the title so we'd be guranteed almost on whether we were looking at a good car or not. $5500 doesn't seem so bad when you are guranteed a good car.

* I found a picture of what the car *should* look like. Whether it has the factory wing or not I'm not sure. Do you notice something about the car?

XHACINTGSRCPE974.jpg

Edited by Honda_Boy

I bought my Manta used back in 1980. It ran well but by this time Buick was putting the Opel name on the Isuzu and nobody had parts (kids don't know what it's like without the internet). I really wanted a Opel GT at the time couldn't find one but Mantas were a dime a dozen.

The real reason I didn't like it much was I had a 70 Firebird that started on fire an was totaled, and going from that to the Manta was a downgrade especially driving to high school.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

But I wonder.

Speed is a relative subject. And being that you are young..............?????????

Two days ago I drove from the Grand Canyon to Phoenix.

I decided to take the back roads home instead of the interstate.

89 south from GC all the way to Phoenix.

Absolutely beautiful country.

But......a lot of scary one lane twisting roads with 1000 foot drop offs only a few feet away.

And although I do suffer from vertigo, the thing that freaked me out the most were the idiots that would drive five feet behind me for miles while I was trying to navigate 20 mph speed limits on very precarious roads.

They don't seem to get it.

There are signs all around warning of deer, falling boulders, etc.

Yet they seem to be in a hurry at my life's expense.

Not sure if you fall into this category. If not accept my apologies.

I'm just venting.

Joe

I was doing about 15mph on impact he was slowed down pretty good too cause he saw it coming just like I did. If It weren't such a high vehicle, I wonder how much damage would have happened. If it were another car instead of an SUV I think my bumper and frame would have absorbed most of the Impact and the engine would have remained fairly undamaged. Instead my bumper was knocked down and off and the Jeep's front end tore into my engine bay cause of it's height. Well hopefully the lower lip and puppy dog eyes will get me the Integra. I'm really praying for that car. It'll be reminscent of my civic while being a different car. It even has the same steering wheel with Acura on it instead of the Honda H. The interior is mostly different other than the wheel. I think it has leather too. Plus the body is almost entirely different. It has the same frame though. Also the B18C1 motor is just the ultimate in awesome next to the Type R B18C5 motor.

Lucky me. My insurance rates aren't going above normal. Turns out, I had a 10% safe driver discoun I didn't know about. They are just gonna take that away. I'm still a safe driver, it's just that was a freak accident. I didn't account for the extra oil and fluids on the road from previous wrecks.

Interesting wheels on that pic you grabbed. ;)

The Integra is one of the few Honda products that tickled my fancy. Gee, it's almost like it is a modern day Opel Manta or something! :D

(Actually, the comparison is apt; small, light, sporty, aerodynamic styling, two door coupe, faster than most of the competition, four cylinders, good handling, etc.)

isteve: I can see going from a Firebird (a large, heavy, American-style sporty car) to the Manta (a small, light, German-style sporty economy car) would be a lot to take, especially taking into consideration the availability of parts & service comparing the Firebird to the orphaned at-the-time Opel brand. Bet you still managed to have fun with it though.

well I'm staying away from that integra. I found pics of it on cars.com. The bumper doesn't seem to be fitting right and it's on steel wheels. I'm guessing this thing's been wrecked. Plus it has 13 records on car fax while my Civic only has 6. That thing has been through so much and only has 6 records then I certainly ain't touching that Integra. I'd rather have the 91 Integra GS for $1700.

Well I'm on the search again. That 91 Accord EX is looking better and better. I can swap an H22A1 (2.2L DOHC VTEC) in the place of the F22 (2.2L SOHC non-VTEC) and have some fun. I've also spotted a 97 accord that's picture looks impecable but it has 11 records. It's a 5 speed EX with a factory wing even.

Edited by Honda_Boy

OK, in Murfreesboro there is a great looking 5 speed 2-dr 2.3L SOHC VTEC 4 Cylinder (man that 3.0L V6 would be wicked) 98 Accord EX for $5200 but with 13 records. My guess is newer cars have more records. Except my dad's 98 tacoma (which we bought new, I think the the guy with the accord bought it used) only has 3 records and the 03 cruiser has 2. I wish my parents would spring for the $25 unlimited carfax reports so I can see what these records are.

i-2_T.JPG

The records on the Integra weren't really what concerned me but rather the fact it was sitting on steel wheels and not the 16 spoke alloys it's supposed to have and the fact the bumper looks like it isn't on correctly like my civic's was. these things indicate it's been wrecked. The Accord looks perfect. I'm calling the guy with the accord tommorrow.

Edited by Honda_Boy
isteve: I can see going from a Firebird (a large, heavy, American-style sporty car) to the Manta (a small, light, German-style sporty economy car) would be a lot to take, especially taking into consideration the availability of parts & service comparing the Firebird to the orphaned at-the-time Opel brand. Bet you still managed to have fun with it though.

Oh yea, it was fun to drive and went pretty quick, just not fun to work on.

You know I had a lot of cars and trucks over the years from 5.0 stang a Fiero GT a RX7 and a few trucks and the firebird and the Opel. Don't laugh but my favorite car is my currant Miata. It's just a blast to drive.

I was doing about 15mph on impact he was slowed down pretty good too cause he saw it coming just like I did. If It weren't such a high vehicle, I wonder how much damage would have happened. If it were another car instead of an SUV I think my bumper and frame would have absorbed most of the Impact and the engine would have remained fairly undamaged. Instead my bumper was knocked down and off and the Jeep's front end tore into my engine bay cause of it's height. Well hopefully the lower lip and puppy dog eyes will get me the Integra. I'm really praying for that car. It'll be reminscent of my civic while being a different car. It even has the same steering wheel with Acura on it instead of the Honda H. The interior is mostly different other than the wheel. I think it has leather too. Plus the body is almost entirely different. It has the same frame though. Also the B18C1 motor is just the ultimate in awesome next to the Type R B18C5 motor.

Lucky me. My insurance rates aren't going above normal. Turns out, I had a 10% safe driver discoun I didn't know about. They are just gonna take that away. I'm still a safe driver, it's just that was a freak accident. I didn't account for the extra oil and fluids on the road from previous wrecks.

Glad you are OK and your insurance is too.

Good luck with the new car.