Your Signature

hey, was just wondering how you came up with your signature name, any special reason....... mine flashh4 came from a friend that i bowled with, said i had fast feet getting to foul line,that i was like a flash of light , 4 the day of the month i was born. .............STAY SAFE is what we would say to each other as we went out on patrol in nam.......STAY SAFE FRIENDS

Mine's kindof stupid. from age 8 to like age 10, I surfed the web known as DragonfireMH. By the time I was eleven, my friends decided to confront me on how stupid it was. Thanks friends. So as we were trying to come up with something new, they decided I should put my name in it, Matt. So, one of my more creative friends came up with Mista. No idea where it came from though... Well, I tried to reg MistaMatt with AIM, but duh, it was already taken. So I added my birth year at the end, and I am now MistaMatt90

Mine is definitely stupid, created in haste and it stuck....tictoc=my initials (TCT) and 5150= a Police radio call # for a mentally disturbed person + I'm a Van Halen fan (pre 5150 CD)

Like anything, the more you use a name the more you get used to it, even if it's a stupid one.

I'm going on 4 years with this one and have tried to change it but always go back to it....unlike MistaMatt90, I don't have anyone who would dare have an intervention about my S/N for fear I might go 5150 on them...lol

My name hmm...I really don't know. I know I came up with it several years ago and that it was most likely come up with a stupid reason. I was in third or fourth grade and, in my opinion, was an idiot. I use it everywhere. If you see a "Snaxe", it most likely is me. The only places I haven't gotten "Snaxe" at are at shizmoo, AIM, Yahoo, and MSN/Hotmail.

I recently made my avatar myself with The GIMP. My sig is plugging.

Not to be rude, but check out this thread.

I bumped the other thread up, and added a link to this one. So that new people down the line will be able to find both.

Thanks to this thread, I went looking for a earlier thread, but didn't find the same one that Snaxe did. I found the one that people gave a thumbnail (written) sketch of themselves. Found out I hadn't gotten around to doing mine, so sidetracked to that for awhile.

That would be a good alternate screen name for me, Sidetracked! :rolleyes:

Anyhow my regular screen name is for my Siamese cat, as she is always nearby, when I am on the computer. Hence, "the sidekick cat", which we nicknamed her when she first started supervising my time on the computer. So when I needed a screen name for my first boards (TTV), my hubby said use "thesidekickcat". So I use that mostly, but dropped the "the" on Leoville.

God bless everyone.

I wanted a short name for typing with my 2 typing fingers. Have all ten but just use 2. LOL acker1---part of my last name and it was taken on another forum when I first started using a puter, started adding numbers and 1 worked. Been able to use it on all forums but one.

flashh4--WELCOME HOME!!! from another Nam vet---Recon, 2/7, 1st Cav, '65. Survivor of Ia Drang Valley (Movie--We Were Soldiers). See my webpage for some Nam pics and pics from our visit to the movie set for WWS.

DICK

My Webpage

Hi all

I'll be moving this thread to the open forum but I'll leave a link to it from here.

Dave

P.S. Chappy is what the call me at the Fire Dept as is is bastardized from my last name...