Wow I'm At A Loss.

Well i'm bored, basically. I can't think of where to go on the internet. I'm not a "searcher". My bookmarks are pretty much the only places I go. I'm tiring of forums, mainly cause I only go to 4. Mostly BT and the EVGA forums. Rarely I visit the HardMud.com forums and the Forgotten Hope part of the Filefront forums. I'm just at a loss.

My interest in anime as kinda sparked again after something I found on the internet. My dad got The Adventures of Briscoe County Jr. DVD set from my mom for his birthday and after spotting an old pile of Mobile Suit Gundam Action figures I had long since put away, I kinda want DVD's of Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and other series. But now I also want to watch more animes but I know of almost none outside what Cartoon Network's Adult Swim and Toonami show (which Toonami has turned to crap).

After hearing the theme to one of the MegaMan games in something I found I really feel breaking out the old Snes and PS/X to play the MegaManX series and download emulators to play the others again. I've started playing Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III (US III which is the Japanese VI) again. Now I wanna get some of my old Roms back which I deleted years ago. THe 2 I mentioned are the only 2 I have left in SNES.

I think college has reminded that I am older and that cannot return to my younger years. I miss them to be honset. I've started doing some things I haven't done since middle school, like looking for ROMs and anime stuff. I guess I wanna take what I did when I was younger and broaden it some. PLus I wanna broaden what I'm doing now but break away from being the total nerd I am now.

If ya'll notice that I have disappeared, it's probably cause I've just decided to revamp my self I guess and broaden my horizons. But I'm going to try and break from my routine of School, work, forums, games. I'm going to try to put more work into my car, discover some more anime and other things, plus go back and watch the ones I so enjoyed from my younger years. I may also try and go some places and hang with my real world friends more. Go on trips and stuff with them.

These ideas have been floating in my head recently. When I have breaks from college and when I have money. I'm going to travel. I'll start off like the guy that wrote A Walk Across America only I'll probably buy me a hatchback Civic and fix it up and drive it across the US. Then I want to travel the world. England, Germany, Norway, Finland, Netherlands, Switzerland, and of course Japan. I've been fascinated with Japan for a while, as i you couldn't figure that out from the Anime, Japanes video games, and Hondas. I'll see ya'll when I see ya'll. I'm not sure if this is my last post for a while or not. I'll try and visit every now and then.

I know this seems like an odd post but it just came to me. for about 2 weeks now I've been feeling like this, like I should both change and remenisce. My mind has just been wandering form the ordinary. Then tonight I began to dig deeper into some of this stuff and then this idea to post this came into my head. So here.

Good bye until I don't know when (maybe tommorrow -_^) but expect my posting to dwindle.

Honda Boy

or in the real world

Bryan

Some good anime is Outlaw Star (I own the boxset). Naruto if you're into ninjas and can stand hyperactive people. Hellsing (not to be confused with Van Helsing) is good if you're into vampires an stuff. .hack//SIGN is good unless you don't like emo's (.hack//SIGN has been reviewed as emo before emo was emo) has great music though. .hack//Twilight Bracelet is a funny spinoff that takes place after the ps2 games. Tenchi Muyo is also awesome. Tenchi Universe is too. Love Hina is funny as hell and so is Love Hina again (it's the second OVA chronologically after the first). Ranma 1/2 is funny (I'm on the third season of it) it's got some adult stuff in it, never anything more than breasts though. I've heard Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach are good, but I've never watched either so I can't tell you. The Ghost in the Shell movie was good. If you're really bored download all 200 someodd episodes of Inuyasha (I've only seen maybe 10). There may be others, I just don't remember them all.

well I've seen outlaw star (all of it) but I wouldn't mind seeing it again. Naruto ain't my thing. the .hack series is wierd but not too bad. The three Tenchi Seires were good (Particularly Tenchi Universe). I'd like to see some of the movies for it. I've heard of Ranma and Love Hina but have never seen them. Inuyasha is just a replacement for Dragonball only much better. I didn't mind the original Dragonball but Z and GT are just repetitive and retarded. Ghost in the shell is ok but not my favorite and Read or Die was interesting but again not a favorite. THat right there is everything I've seen. There's one I hate to admit I've seen and liked and I'm not gonna metion what it is. It's japanese only and I found subs but like I said even on the internet I don't want to admit what it is. Whatever the heck is on Adult Swim right now is interesting too.

Well, I need to do more than just watch anime. I've got a long list of stuff to accomplish and I'd better get started. I think I really need to ditch my beloved 95 Civic EX Coupe and begin work on another vehicle. My current car is going to be far more trouble than it's worth to do anything with. It'll be a daily driver while I work on my next car. When I'll do this is, I'm not sure. I'm really poor right now. It'll take at least $5000 to begin a project car. I have in the bank..........$700. Yeah. The traveling is out of the question too. That might not happen until after I get to a University (i'm in a Community College now). I think my most accomplishable thing on my "list" is talking to one of my co-workers who also works in a gym and is a Fitness expert and get him to help me get in better shape.

Bye again

P.S. that bleach show you mentioned is coming on on the Adult Swim right now. I need to sleep but I think I'll stay up to see what it is like. Also Full Metal Alchemist is good but short. I may actually go to the theater to see the movie.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Hey Bryan:-)

We all go through periods where we get bored with surfing the same forums; it sounds like you're getting ready to head out and have some great adventures with traveling and experiencing life in the real world. Very cool, man! I hope that you have a good time. I also felt at a loss when I made the transition from high school to college as your world gets turned upside down. Enjoy your college days. :D

I have to say, anything that gets you away from the PC, TV and VGC (video game console) is something worth doing. Friends, travel, hiking, camping (maybe even hunting). People actually used to DO those things ALL THE TIME! No, REALLY! :D

You'd be missed here (and elsewhere) but I'm with you on the " ... NOW what?" point. I got my e-mail, I logged onto the few places where I'm a member ... I browsed the few items I needed ... Umm ... OK, I thought of one more thing ... then ... I dunno. Maybe see if any more e-mails has arrived ... Check that forum again ... Umm ... :unsure:

I'm back again to let ya'll know, I've kinda figured out my travel plans. My dad is behind me 100% on it too. he wishes he could go with me but he can't cause of work.

Basically, I'll find a friend who wants to travel across the US with me. I'll find a better paying job and start saving money. The friend will do the same (at least saving money) we then buy and old hatchback Civic project car to build. Something like a 92-98. Preferably a 92-95 Si. We swap the the motor and keep the old one as a spare for my current car (it has nearly 160000 miles). We source a B16A2 from a 99-00 Civic Si or some other low mileage VTEC B-Series motor or maybe a K-Series if we have the money. We do basic mods such as an intake or just putting a K&N in a stock intake. Then maybe just a higher flow but not loud exhaust sytem. These'll just be methods of boosting the power a little and increasing fuel economy. If we see the need we'll put a turbo if we don't think it could breathe well enough in mountains if we ever go to the Rockies or something. We also will need to put it on some alloys and new tires. The alloys won't be prone to corrosion like steel. probably 99-00 Si wheels or Integra GS-R wheels. New brakes and a possible 4 wheel disc conversion will be in order. Because I can't navigate and radio stations will have no gurantee of coming in, we'll put a navigation system in the car and XM radio. After the car is finished and we have enough money for food, gas, lodging, laundry, and a butt load of CD's, we pack and head for somewhere up in New england or wherever. We start down the east coast a ways then head west just kinda zigzaging north and south I guess. Once we hit the west coast we'll start going along it until we reach the end. Which end? I'm not sure. We'll take mostly lesser traveled highways instead of interstates so we can see the beauty of the country. After we finish then maybe we'll take interstates to get back home. I plan to stop and see some of these smaller towns. I wanna eat in the nice little restaurants and shop in obscure country stores and basically what Peter Jenkins did when he was walking. I plan on having enough money from the get go so I won't need to stop and get a job. We will probably also hit up bigger places and major attractions too just because.

Well after that and saving up some money again, I'll then travel the world. With the same friend? Maybe. When that all gets done and my dad retires, me and him will take the trip across the US. It'd probably have to be in a different car though cause it may not be reliable enough to go across the country again that long after it being built.

Unfortunatley this trip is at least 2 years off. It'll be a blast once I go though. Also, I won't be completely without a computer. A laptop is coming with me. ;)

I've made a small step in accomplishing my goals today. Instead of going straight to my computer once I got off work, I asked my dad if he wanted to cruise the country side for a little while. An hour later we hopped in the Civic (I let him drive cause A. he knows where he's going B. he loves driving it) and off we went. Just an hour of crusing the Maury County country side. It was nice. Sunroof open, windows down, perfect weather and a great Rush CD playing (we both love Rush along with my brother and my mom likes some of their stuff too). I think we are going to start doing this every weekend now. We love riding, talking and listening to good music.

Well thats it for today. I'll let ya'll know my progress in deviating from the mundane and seeing the world in person instead of through a computer screen. Man long post. I need to go to bed, I've got school tommorrow. I'll be out an about afterwards instead of cooped up in my room though. I think I may walk the dog around the neighborhood tommorrow. Maybe the cat too. She likes to follow. :)

See ya'll

The improving Honda Boy

Hey Bryan

Yah, we ALL get that way sometimes dude...I disappear for a few months now and then myself when I get ultra-bored of being on my computer. It's not that I get bored with my online friends, it's just that I waste so much time doing...well...nothing sometimes.

I don't surf either, I go to a few favorite sites like APOD (Astronomy Pix Of the Day) and some hardware review and news sites, my forums and thats about it for me too. Allot of us are like that.

Anyway, no better time to travel than when you're at your age. I used to make about 3 major trips a year when I was back then, either with my skydive team going to a major world meet, or just across the country to visit friends and family. Went to Europe for 6 months when I was 21 and had the best damn time! Hitch-hiked across Europe back in the day when it was safe still, big Canadian flag on my backpack, and never walked more than a few hundred yards. Always had a place to sleep & eat too, they luv us Canucks over there, and stayed with a fishing family in Greece for 3 months. Never had a better time so I say "Travel" when you can!

We'll miss you here of course but you'll stop in as you can, we know that...we're in your system whether you want us to be or not....heheh-heheh...;)

You could also get over that feeling just as fast as it came too never know, but either way Bryan, travel as you can, come visit us when you can, and we'll be here when you come by.

Aha! A goal to work toward! Wouldn't that be great, traveling, carefree? Oh yeah.

I also love that you're just going for a drive -- no place in particular. I used to do that a lot (and I mean, A LOT -- one time I drove from Chicago to Minneapolis/St. Paul just ... well ... just because I felt like it, then I turned around and drove back home). I still occasionally just drive to new places, new neighborhoods, just to take a look around.

Be careful, but be sure to absorb the scenery.

well my civic's untimely end has put a screeching halt on some of my plans. I'm stuck at home with the computer now. I can still go out walk and what not, but not for a few days. Man I'm sore. Particularly my collarbone. When my friend gets his 67 Mustang rolling right again I can hang with him until I get a new car. Until I get Honda #2, (or Acura #1) I'll have to roll in one of 3 vehicles. a 1979 Pontiac Bonneville, a 1996 Buick LeSabre, or a 1973 3/4 Ton Chevy Van. It'll probably be the Bonneville unless my mom and grandmother see it fit for me to drive the LeSabre. Both are embarrising. The ghettomobile or the granny cruiser. The van would be cool but it needs a little work. Actually they all do but the van needs more. Plus I'm used to riding real low. My absolute biggest problem with all 3 is they are all automatic. I've been driving nothing but manual for nearly 2 years and last time I tried to drive an automatic wasn't too pretty. The brake pedal doesn't need to be so wide. I thought my left foot was on a clutch pedal. I think I'll try to get a CR-X and do a b series swap or something. Maybe an old Integra GS. Possibly an Accord. My dad and I are going to go through town and find another Honda.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Tough call on which to drive, I agree with your assessments (van would be best if it were in better shape, the LeSabre would be embarrassing but not stupidly so, does the Bonneville have dubs & hydraulics? JK!). As for going from a manual to an auto, believe me, it's worse going from an auto TO a manual (you keep coming to a stop forgetting you have to declutch and wind up killing the engine -- em-BARE-essing!).

Has anyone recently given you that old blessing/curse: "May you live in interesting times?" 'Cause, like, you are.

Do keep planning for the big roadtrip, Bryan! You'll accomplish it and you're at the best age to do so, too. After I graduated college, I worked all summer, saved like mad and spent 6 weeks in Italy, a place I've always wanted to visit. Stayed in youth hostels, ate out of the market or where the locals ate (so "on the cheap"), made friends and brought home precious photos and memories. A trip of a lifetime for me and hoping your trip will materialise, too!

Even though the Honda met its maker, glad to see you online. You and Bubbabob's bantering make me laugh and laugh!! What would we do with Bubbabob without you?? :D

Liz

• 3 weeks later...

Update on my differing myself.

I back on wheels again. As I've already said in other threads it's a 96 Civic CX Hatchback with a B16A2 Engine swap. How erie. I said I should forget the 95 and get a hatch and do a engine swap with a 99-00 Si motor and what do ya know. That's exactly what I ended up with. Motor already done and all. It's already sitting on Integra Alloys and everything.

Second day of having my hatch, my friends and I hung out so I got out of the house. Me, the Snowman and Brando went and got some food and hung and Brando's house. We tried to find Rob and Adam but they were in Franklin. We'll do this again sometime but have Rob and Adam in the mix too. 2 Accords, a Civic Hatch, a 67 Mustang, and Brando's wuss factory 03 Camry. All our cars except the Camry have modifications of some kind and manual transmissions while Brando's car is bone stock with an Auto. He's also the least car inclined guy in the bunch. We generally joke about things like that with him. He lives with his grandparents and they won't him change the wallpaper in his room. He has a private bath with a bunch of frilly things in there. I went to wash my hands and asked which on the counter was soap. He pointed at this pink bottle from bath and body works and I just looked at him and say "C'mon man". Apparently his grandmother bought it. :lol:

After I got home from hanging out with them, my brother and I worke don the hatch. Them steel wheels where hard to get off. The lugs got stuck. Then the next day we pulled a ton of junk out of the car, went to a junkyard, and added replacemnt parts to the hatch.

The snowman and I generally cruise often to get me out of the house. Usually it's cause his Mustang can't keep from breaking.

I've certainly got the Anime crap down. I found a site with tons of fan subtitled shows. I was going to try and find 2 I had heard of but turns out there are English DVD's available in the US so I'd have to pay for them if I wanted to see them.

The travel business. Still not happening anytime soon but my I think my dad and I are still going to cruise the country side every weekend when we think of it.

Well I shall continue my quest to get my sorry butt out of the computer chair and my fingers away from a keyboard. I'm going to start finding a new job soon to save up money for travel and other things and be on my way.

I think I shall disappear again for a while thanks to my new ride. Bye ya'll.