Remember 9/11

Hi

Today is the 5th anniversary of the attacks of 9/11, and I wish to pay my respects to those Brother and Sister Firefighters who lost their lives that day, and all the other Emergency Service people and the thousands of Civilians who also perished on that day.

Every day Firefighters lay their lives on the line, all in the efforts of helping everyday people during the worst times they can face, and we all say that "it's just our job". Not many people can say that their family members say goodbye to them before they go to work, and silently pray that they can make it home safely that day to see them once more, and do that every working day of their lives....we do.

It is our job, and we do it mainly out of a sense of duty to our fellow citizens, and of course for a paycheck every 2 weeks. We are like any other people out there, we have families to support, house payments, car payments, and the other hundreds of little expenses we all have to face every month, so it really is "just a job" to us.

But 343 of my Brothers & Sisters died on that one day, and right now hundreds of others of them are getting sicker & sicker every single day, from the after affects of working on "The Pile" for the many months it took for them to search for survivors, and then bodies, and finally....just to clean the mess up. Every day they fight for breath and now, they fight for recognition and help. They are being denied Compensation and proper Health care after all that they have done for us, many are being denied benifits they so badly need and deserve.

I could get upset and turn this into a hateful post about their plight, but I don't want this to be that way, I want everyone to remember those that gave their lives that day, & to Honor their memories. Also, to pray for those who are still suffering health effects from working to search and clean up afterwards, and ask that the governments can find the heart to maks sure their medical bills are covered and they recieve the care they need.

Make sure to take a moment out of your busy lives today, to remember those Firefighters who perished on September 11th 2001, and all others who die every day in the line of duty while protecting their fellow citizens. Remember that we do this for others, selflessly going to work each day hoping that we can be the ones to save someone elses life that shift, or just make a positive impact during someone elses bad day. We never ask to be called "Hero's", we only do what we're trained to do and what we love doing....helping others. Most of us don't like to think of ourselves as hero's, but we also never turn our backs on a very tough situation, or fail to offer our help to those who need it most.

On that day, we lost 343 HERO'S, and they do deserve to be remembered as such. As usual, they ran into the face of terrible difficulty while all others are running away from it, and barely give a thought of their own safety. Most times the odds are, that we'll come back from a call safely, but some day the odds are stacked against you...this was that day for these hero's.

God Bless and keep them.

God Bless the wives and children they left behind.

God Bless the mothers and fathers who lost their sons & daughters on that day.

And may God Bless those that are dying from the effects of the toxic debris they inhaled while doing their jobs.

Thank You.

God bless those who serve and protect...: the firefighters, the police, the men and women of the armed services, the EMT's, and more.

I've been blessed with firefighters, and others, saving my little community in the California Sierra foothills many times... the last time but a month ago with flames in sight... fought on land and in the air by innumerous sorties; and once about 10 years ago when we were evacuated and then able to return the next day with our property intact, though other extended family members did not fair so well.

We of the foothill communities are especially grateful for those who serve, many of them volunteers, because we are in harm's way seasonally. Right now there is a fire that men and women are putting their lives on the line for in extremely dicey conditions not too far from home near a little community called Volcanoville which is in my church's "ward" or neighborhood. The forest terrain is hilly/mountainous and chock full of tinder-dry brush. The residents have been ready to evac at any time since Thursday and the fire is far from being contained. The smoke has darkened the skies of Cool and Georgetown and my little community... aggravating our asthma conditions.

No, I won't forget the heroes of 9/11... and I pray for those who still suffer the consequences for their selfless service. Perhaps a grassroots effort to help through tax free donations to/for those affected might help if the Gov't can't see fit to loosten the purse strings for the incredible health problems that are more than self-evident... dunno.

God bless those who serve and protect; and those in harm's way. May all return to their homes and families in safety. God bless those who lost their lives in the disaster of 9/11/2001; and may the powers that be, righteously, help those who survived and are still suffering... my humble prayer in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Very well-said, my friend! :thumbsup: We are all very lucky that there are people like you who are willing to put everything on the line when they go to work.

We all owe you a debt Chappy for the selfless work that you do in keeping us safe! :D

Thank you!! I will never forget 9/11 and those brave people who gave up everything.