or as you say maybe a new compt

is she a member of www.worldstart.com

may be she posts there

i know Sidekick posts there

as well as barb

i think they used to go to leo laports board

marty

Hmmmm...... :unsure:

***RV hooks up a microphone to his guitar amp....switches it on....turns up to near max. .....adjusts the EQ's....*oh what the heck*....turns Pre-Amp to full.... :rolleyes: ....*loud humming*... ;)...yells into the mic.

Liz....Sidekick....

If you two can hear me....get to a computer and let us know you are both alright.....

:mellow: ......**oops... :huh: ....there goes the other ear**... :wacko:

OK Liz, it's time for you to come out of hiding :lol:

Here ya go Liz, if you are having trouble with computer

post-27-1157922665_thumb.jpg

That ought to fix it. Haha

Barb :D

ha ha ha thats what i call inventive

sometimes i feel like doing that to my compt

ha ha

marty

I'm Baaaack! *bigwaves*

Hooboy.

Ordered a Dell el-cheapo Celeron, waited a week, no idiot box, called Dell, the automated phone system said my order didn't exist! Talked to "Ahhhndy the heavily Indian accented rep" who said, "your computer will arrive in twoooo-day" Told her in "twoooo-day", it will be Sunday here in the States, no UPS service. Then she said, "I email you in twooooday". Uh, no computer here, no email. "Ok, I call you in twooooday". Waited 3 days, she never called, and called Dell and re-ordered the idiot box.

And setting up the idiot box without the help of Son was a scary experience (having to read each direction 3 times!). Of course, then I had trouble getting online...after a call to Charter, apparently all that was needed was a computer restart.

Finally, I'm back....for now, barring any more trouble getting online. No internet withdrawls (kids at college and I've been tackling their bedrooms) but I forgot how to type! :D

If I remember right, Pat and Hubby take a roadtrip in September with their RV. Hopefully she's just on the road. Didn't realise she's been MIA, too. Hopefully she's just enjoying her vacation!

Liz

Man I'm having to do a complete reinstall of windows on my new Laptop. The person on eBay I got it from graciously did a Clean install but unfortunately stuck the dread HP software and driver recovery disc in too. SO now I got a monsterous load of crap I don't want on it so I'm just gonna do a another fresh install sans HP crap. AVG, FF, Winamp, and openoffice instead of no antivirus, IE, iTunes, and Works.

Good luck de-crapifying your new Smell, I mean Dell computer. :P

Man I'm having to do a complete reinstall of windows on my new Laptop. The person on eBay I got it from graciously did a Clean install but unfortunately stuck the dread HP software and driver recovery disc in too. SO now I got a monsterous load of crap I don't want on it so I'm just gonna do a another fresh install sans HP crap. AVG, FF, Winamp, and openoffice instead of no antivirus, IE, iTunes, and Works.

Good luck de-crapifying your new Smell, I mean Dell computer. :P

They are the WORST....I hate HP for the crud they load onto peoples boxes!

Back when I was doing HJT logs it was a disaster whenever someone with an HP box posted a log....chock full of useless HP proprietary garbage apps. Seriously...it was "HP-This" & "HP-That" all over the startups list and hardly any room left for the really needed stuff to run in memory.

Oh well....GREAT to have you back Liz!!!!

Now, I'm just gonna ask you to wear this diaper for the first little while please....you haven't run AMOK for some time now and I don't want to mess up the floors.

;)

Now, all we need to do is find Pat still...(Chappy looks in the broom closet)

talk about eating up memory. I've reduced the memory for the video from the ridiculously high 128MB to a more practical 64 to give the thing a little room to breathe(it'll be back to 128 when I drop another 512MB of RAM in this beast). Even then it was slow. I've reinstalled windows with 0 hp stuff on it. In fact it doesn't even say HP when I right click My Computer and click properties. It's much more responsive now. It doesn't take 2 minutes for Firefox to load.

Oooh, Chachazz, thanks for that link. Yes, I have a trial of AOL, a trial of Earthlink and other oddities on this new idiotbox that I will never use.

Dave, remember I always run amuck fully clothed :D No diaper needed but I do need a foot massage!

Liz