Installing Themes

I got my new Dell Laptop and installed linux. (Had to send my old lappy to india to my cousins last month). I didnt run into any problems while installing linux thanks my past experiences ( This is the third time installing linux and im still new at this) Im beginning to understand the file system and command line a little more. So now I want to make my theme look all nice and pretty. I came across this at www.gnome-look.org and I liked it. Now how would I go about installing it?

The theme is here

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=45086

Also I had a question about Compiz. Um what is it and whats XGL for that matter. I saw a demo of XGL and it had this nice looking cube which I think was a desktop.

xgl is just eye candy, has little real use

as for theams, there is under advanced a theam manager where you can drag a downloaded them and it will install.

Well thats my goal with linux. Making it look really good.

XGL is... still under development. Unless it's changed recently, it doesn't affect the look of the UI aside from the special effects like the cube (which really looked lousy when I tried it, to be honest), but it does interfere with some programs and slows the UI down to something between "hand drawing" and "flip book"[0].

[0] I know that my GeForce 4 isn't SOTA but I shouldn't be able to count frames when I'm dragging a window.

Now SUSE 10.1 and updates though, that is a defferent story. B)

Yeah, Updating in Suse 10.1 is quite bad, however, it is an exceptional distro even if you can't update it. Hopefully Novell will get Yast updates working in Suse 10.2. The broken update functionality killed my interest in Suse. Suse has very good hardware detection especially in the area of wireless a buddy of mine tells me:-)