Update On Quitting Smoking

He everyone last Friday (September 1) made two years since I quit cigarettes :thumbsup:

Feel so much better even though at first I gained 10#, losing it slowly. More energy, so it was worth the effort

:thumbsup: It can be done :thumbsup:

Congratulations Robroy! :thumbsup:

Yes it can be done, if you really want to bad enough.

It is not easy, but can be done, Stay with it.

I also did it 8 yrs ago, and feel better. Gained weight like you

said, still trying to get all of it off. It is a little harder when you are

older. Maintaining right now.

Isn't it nice now not to have to grap your cigs before you do

the car keys, :lol:

Congratulations, my friend!! :thumbsup:

Stick with it, robroy:-) I also was a smoker as a kid in my teens and early twenties. I quit 24 years ago. I still like the smell of people smoking though, I guess you never get rid of the craving.

that's great man, your lungs should be close to healed and working at full capacity soon. My manager at work dropeed both smoking and drinking in within 6 months. He spearheaded smoking. First he dropped it all together but was dipping to get the nicotine then dropped it a week later. He was sick for a few days so we were kinda flyin' by ourselves there for a few days.

Keep it up and don't start again. rock on pal. :thumbsup:

Great Job!!

Congrats.......I KNOW what you went thru....I smoked for over 30 years

and I quit too.

You will only continue to feel better, too!!

You've just added YEARS to your life as well.

thanks everyone

It must have been time to quit because although I did it cold turkey after the first week I really didn't have bad cravings. The worst time was driving, yep Barb grabbing the cigs before the car keys, so I did absolute minimal driving for the first two weeks. 40 years worth of smoking is gonna take a while toget it allout of the system. I have started doing forms again after 25 years. Still remember the moves. and surprised a friend when I showed him the sole of my shoe 6" in font of his face. He had bet that I couldn't still do that. Nice steak dinner coming up for that one hehe. Well time for some more workout before sleepy time

• 13 years later...

Will power, pure will power after 50 yrs. smoking i quit cold turkey. Threw them away the day i seen my Granddaughter born ..... that was 14 yrs. ago !! I used Gobstoppers as a helper, they are a small jaw breaker !!

Chuck

• 2 months later...

Axeni3265, welcome to the forum, we hope you enjoy your stay & contribute to the forums ! I have 6 relatives who are in the medical field and 1 who works for the Drug Enforcement

agency in DC, they all say the Vaping is a serious health threat, so i will stick with my previous comment ! It is bad and people need to stay away from it or face the consequences !!

Chuck

• 2 years later...

I used vape juice to quit smoking.  I think E-liquids that come in a variety of different bottle sizes, nicotine strengths, flavors and more - this can be confusing to anyone who has just made the switch to vaping. Vape coupon can get you away from expensive deals in a sense. You can check bundle of vape deals to buy your favorite one at a discounted rate.