Steve Irwin Dies At 44

That is sad....but I think you're right JDoors, he sure did take like to chances at times.

He took risks, yes, and that is partially what made him remarkable and marketable. Another part of his makeup was his knowledge and carefree life that reflected the Australian saying "no worries" to the core. He loved his life work, an attribute not many can attest to.

Australia has lost an ambassador; the world... a free spirit. He will be missed.

I pray for comfort for his family.

It is sad, anyone who fights for animal rights is a hero in my books.

This may seem odd but I had a feeling about 2 weeks ago that Steve was going to be killed soon, and todays news just made the hair on my neck stand straight up when I heard it...just freaky weird.

Why in the world did that thought just hit me like a brick the other week...it was a very strong feeling too.

While at times I thought he was just too agressive with his tactics, one cannot fault his enthusiasm or love for the animals he spent his life protecting.

My prayers go out to his wife Terry and their 2 children.

good one chappy he was a hero in my books

last year i was at a diabetes conference in cairns australia

and he was one of our guest speakers

on animal deseases

i didnt know animals had deseases like human beeings

and he highlightes them

his dad is a diabetic

that is why he was our guest

------------------------

i thought he would die by poisinous snake bite

in this part of the world he will be missed

marty

He got tagged a few times by snakes Marty, but he always had quick access to the nearest treatment center by helicopter whenever he did that. I watched a show that showed him get bit in the face, I can't remember what type of snake it was but he was in the hospital within 20 minutes.

This time there just wasn't any hope no matter how close he was to a hospital. Just bad luck that he took a poisonous stinger directly to the heart, not much chance of survival even if you were at the hospital when it happened this time.

good one chappy he was a hero in my books

last year i was at a diabetes conference in cairns australia

and he was one of our guest speakers

on animal deseases

i didnt know animals had deseases like human beeings

and he highlightes them

his dad is a diabetic

that is why he was our guest

------------------------

i thought he would die by poisinous snake bite

in this part of the world he will be missed

marty

We miss him too in our neck of the woods, marty:-) My children loved his shows. The World has lost a great person.

im an keen enthusiast

of the internet services

and in the jokes an humoir section

there are dozens of jokes pertaining to steve

i didnt red any of them

as i respect his cause

people who make jokes abiut a dead oerson

need to be shot in the you know what

im very dissapointed

marty

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched a very touching tribute to Steve on Animal Planet channel tonite.

It was the official Memorial service done at his zoo, the Australian Zoo, and had tons of people there. All his family and friends, his zoo employees, and excerpts from people all over the world, but I broke down and cried when his daughter got up and made a speach about "her Daddy, her Hero"...she's so prescious.

No doubt she will follow in her Daddy's footsteps.

saw the pics of the memorial where the little child was reading at it...

The mother is distraught...

I saw an old croc hunter prog last nite, one of the first ones i think..kinda made me abit sad...he was good fun to watch and will be missed. He did alot for conservation..

Thx for that link Sultan!!

It brought tears to my eyes again when Bindi read her Daddy's memorial...she is just soooo prescious!

No doubt she'll follow in her Dad's footsteps and we'll be watching her in Animal Planet Specials in years to come, I look forward to that.