Hi guys, heres the problem.

I recently bought a headset (USB) to play my online games (cs..etc..)

Now, the issue is, everytime I want to get the mic/sound to come from the headset, I have to go in:

Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices > Audio/Voice and pick my headset for the default device.

When I'm done with gaming and want to just chill to some music, I have to go back to the Control Panel and choose my sound card as the default.

Now, the only problem is that it gets very annoying after a while.

I was wondering if theres a shortcut that will automatically switch the sound devices.

I'm not familiar with USB headset, is the USB connection the ONLY connection to the PC? If so, then I believe you're stuck making the hardware choice via software. I'm surprised the headset didn't include software to make that choice automatic since that'd be the main use for the headset (to use IN PLACE OF the soundcard/speakers).

in a lot of games, usually in the options there is choice of which audio device you want to use for that game. I know for sure Flatout 2 does that and many others do to. In fact used every game had that seems like.

I'm not familiar with USB headset, is the USB connection the ONLY connection to the PC? If so, then I believe you're stuck making the hardware choice via software. I'm surprised the headset didn't include software to make that choice automatic since that'd be the main use for the headset (to use IN PLACE OF the soundcard/speakers).

I do have the regular inputs (the color ones), however...my case is really bad and the front part don't have the holes for me to see the inputs, so USB was a must.

Also, CS 1.6 doesn't have that optio.