ok....say I paste a big picture in paint.

the pic is too big so I have to scroll to see it all.

ok...I want to copy most of the pics to another program.

I use the little "select" box in the top corner.

I can only drag that box so far down the screen.

so my question is...how do I get the pic to scroll while I'm dragging the box?

So doesn't it keep scrolling when you "hit the stop" at the edge of the window? I don't know about ME but if I hold down my mouse button and go to the margin of this post in my browser it will scroll to the end. Up down, right left.

ok....say I paste a big picture in paint.

the pic is too big so I have to scroll to see it all.

ok...I want to copy most of the pics to another program.

I use the little "select" box in the top corner.

I can only drag that box so far down the screen.

so my question is...how do I get the pic to scroll while I'm dragging the box?

Hey bear,

2 questions:

1-Can you save the image to My Pictures using winme?

2-do you have Irfanview?

If yes to both, put the image into My Pictures, then right click it and open it with Irfanview.

Irfanview will allow you to resize the image to the size you want.

bearskin thanks everyone for the replies.

bozodog...I can scroll like that on a web page but that doesn't work in paint.

handplane..yes I have that pics saved and can resize with irfanview but I didn't want to resize.

sethook...thanks for the site.

my brain must have been asleep (what brain?)

I found the only way to do it is hold the left mouse button and use the scroll wheel at the same time.

Have you seen this from Paint Help:

To change the size of your picture

On the Image menu, click Attributes.

Under Units, click the unit of measurement you want to use for the width and height.

Type the measurements in Width and Height.

Notes

You can also resize your picture by dragging the image resize handles, located at the lower-right corner and along the bottom and right sides of your picture. (You might need to maximize the window to see the square resize handles.)

If your current picture is bigger than the new size, the picture is cut from the right side and bottom to fit within the smaller area. If your current picture is smaller than the new size, the extra area is filled with the selected background color.