This site has been posted several times here and at those other forums. It is an excellent guide to buying a PSU.

Before Making a Thread About Buying a PSU....

I would like to make one myself at have it posted here and at G4. I will start making it tomorro if one of the mods/staff/admins/what ever approve it for a sticky once it is made. BTW it will be updated regularly.

This site has been posted several times here and at those other forums. It is an excellent guide to buying a PSU.

Before Making a Thread About Buying a PSU....

I would like to make one myself at have it posted here and at G4. I will start making it tomorro if one of the mods/staff/admins/what ever approve it for a sticky once it is made. BTW it will be updated regularly.

Do you plan on doing a comprehensive test on each power supply or go by just what some people have already written? As stated at Hard Forum many supplies are not individually tested nor use a standard approach in testing them.

I have 5 or so legit testing websites I visit that have done very accurate testing on pretty much every supply. I read them all, then figure out how much power a system will need and recommend a supply. If I planned to test them all myself I would make my ownn site and post it their.

Anyway, I post at Hard Forum's power supply section all the time (daily) and a PSU sticky here would be as accurate as the one their.

I'd love to make it part of the KB. But I think it would better serve its purpose as a sticky, as it would be seen more by people making a new system. And I'm not always going to be here to tell them I have a PSU article in the KB. If Matt or BT approve it for a sticky (assuming they like the way I do it) I will make it sometime soon.

first of all I would like to know what makes you the expert on psu?

do you have certificates?

prior training?

don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about...I just need some verification that I can trust your reccomendations.

If I was certified, I probably wouldn't be helping people at a small forum. Or even a large forum for that matter. I've learned a lot about PSUs from forums and reviews, as well as researching them on websites. I'm just coming here to give you guys that info to either learn or build a system from it. If you don't trust me, you can question me all you want.

Edited by dBTelos