Google Word Processor- Writely.com

I just discovered this; Google has created an on-line word processor that has similar features to word.

I just registered with it and gave it a try. I think web-centric applications like this are the way to go. I tried it on my linux box and it doesn't hog a lot of system resources. It works with FF and IE.

What do you think?

Writely Word Processor

Yup i checked it out and regstered its Perfect!

I agree:-) It is very good indeed! Also because it is created by Google you know there will be money behind it and it won't be beta forever. :D

besttechie.jpg

Also in the faq section i found this

PDF support will probably be a premium feature, though, which means it will be part

of a paid subscription once Writely is no longer in beta test.

They probrobly will have a basic and a premium :)

Weird.. considering Google donated a lot of money to Opera. I'm sure they have plans to add support for it.

B

Weird indeed! :wacko:

I don't know why Google would leave out Opera. Perhaps the code for Writely would be too complex if Opera was included? I think Safari is maybe supported, I know a mac user who uses Writely.

Nit: Writely was created by Upstartle. Google bought the company last spring when Writely was in its first semi-public beta.

Thanks, didn't know that, jcl. :D

That behaviour seems very M$-like, doesn't it? I think Google is also bent on world domination. :D

what is fireflop?

A juvenile way of saying "I dislike Firefox". C.f. 'M$', 'Winblows', 'Internet Exploder/Exploiter', 'Dead Rat', etc.

Point well-taken jcl! Let us not get into a flame-war about browsers ,guys, okay? :D

Juvenile... maybe. Accurate... Yep.

In what way is it accurate?

This isn't an argument. I really want to know what 'Fireflop' is supposed to mean.

Edited by jcl