Need Help Deciding On An Asus Motherboard

Hey folks, I'm trying to decide on an Asus motherboard. I really like reliability, stability and performance. These are the four boards I'm trying to decide between.

Asus A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939

Asus A8n32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2

I'm really trying hard to figure out whether I should go the AM2 route or with Socket 939. I'm not sure if AM2 is reliable or not since it's so new. I guess I'm afraid that it may be buggy since it's new.

I would greatly appreciate any answers or advice. I'd really like to hear which motherboard people think is better between the two for Socket 939 and the same for socket AM2.

Thanks

I personnally have no experience with Asus boards but I suggest that you use newegg.com and read reviews by customers on each board. AM2 Is basically 939 with an extra pin and DDR2 support. The chips are nearly identical to their 939 counterparts. DDR2 has been proven on intel systems already. I would probably steer clear of the A8N32 SLI cause when I was shopping for my 939 board I had read many problems with it. Even though it had a 5 star rating on newegg it didn't seem reliable with as many low ratings many people gave it (it had over 600 reviews). Also Asus boards are overly picky with RAM and I had some to reuse. I went EVGA. I got their NF47 nForce4 SLI x16 board. Even though it had only 20 reviews and about 30 votes, it only had like one bad review and 1 or 2 bad votes. It worked with my memory I had but unfortunately one stick was bad and I ended up buying new RAM anyway. Makes me almost wish I went AM2. Well I know to only buy Corsair XMS from now on.

I doubt that you will really need the 32 PCIe lanes of the M2N32 SLI cause no video cards utilize 16 PCIe lanes yet but if you want it get it. Otherwise get the M2N SLI for AM2. The only reason I got the SLI x16 board instead of the regualr SLI board is that the EVGA x16 has a better track record than their regular SLI board.

Edited by Honda_Boy
Hey folks, I'm trying to decide on an Asus motherboard. I really like reliability, stability and performance. These are the four boards I'm trying to decide between.

Asus A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939

Asus A8n32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2

I'm really trying hard to figure out whether I should go the AM2 route or with Socket 939. I'm not sure if AM2 is reliable or not since it's so new. I guess I'm afraid that it may be buggy since it's new.

I would greatly appreciate any answers or advice. I'd really like to hear which motherboard people think is better between the two for Socket 939 and the same for socket AM2.

Thanks

Your main question is AM2 or 939. If you go 939, go with the Deluxe one - the Premium doesn't have features worth paying for. Your socket decision will be based on what you want to pay (less for a 939 chip) but you're sacrificing future ability to update to the newer chips