your talking about massively slowing down games cause of the higher resoultion. Also many games don't particulaly like widescreen. CS 1.6 shouldn't be hurt too much by the higher resolution but with that video card it could be hurt. Shoot at 1024x768 with full quality smoke on a 5700 Ultra it slowed down. (that was in CS:CZ)

your talking about massively slowing down games cause of the higher resoultion. Also many games don't particulaly like widescreen. CS 1.6 shouldn't be hurt too much by the higher resolution but with that video card it could be hurt. Shoot at 1024x768 with full quality smoke on a 5700 Ultra it slowed down. (that was in CS:CZ)

While this is true, I'm sure most games have an optional in game WS resolution setting for situations like this. I know they have that in standard resolutions but you would have to check your current games for that widescreen reso. support.

While this is true, I'm sure most games have an optional in game WS resolution setting for situations like this. I know they have that in standard resolutions but you would have to check your current games for that widescreen reso. support.

Not all games do - suprisingly even BF2 doesn't support it

Not all games do - suprisingly even BF2 doesn't support it

I said that you should check to see if the games you have support it, not that all games do.

I just purchased a 19' widescreen Samsung LCD for my father and set it up. With his Radeon 9200 SE it worked flawlessly right out of the box at its 1440x900 native resolution.

Usually, if it doesn't offer the resolution, video card driver updates are in order as is installing the monitor drivers.

He is loving the widescreen for browsing and work.