Audio File To Audio Cd? File Size Problems?

I have an audio file in WMA format on a cd disk. I used Cakewalk to convert the audio to mp3 and tried to compress the audio down to mono and shrink the file size to 55 mb. It still will not burn onto the cd. I am confused.

It is 2 hours of play time.

Any suggestions?

I have an audio file in WMA format on a cd disk. I used Cakewalk to convert the audio to mp3 and tried to compress the audio down to mono and shrink the file size to 55 mb. It still will not burn onto the cd. I am confused.

It is 2 hours of play time.

Any suggestions?

It's probably a DRM file. IE: copy protected. That's why .wma sucks.

if you want it on cd in mp3 format you only need to copy it to the cd with a program like nero. If you try to burn it back to a cd under normal means it is probably trying to burn it back as a wma with 2 hrs of music on s 70 or 80 minute cd. you need to burn it as a data cd

if you want it on cd in mp3 format you only need to copy it to the cd with a program like nero. If you try to burn it back to a cd under normal means it is probably trying to burn it back as a wma with 2 hrs of music on s 70 or 80 minute cd. you need to burn it as a data cd

I guess I failed to mention that I need it to be an audio cd that will play in a cd player, not a data cd. I tried to burn using nero as an audio cd and it wouldn't work.

I guess I failed to mention that I need it to be an audio cd that will play in a cd player, not a data cd. I tried to burn using nero as an audio cd and it wouldn't work.

As I said, DRM.

As I said, DRM.

You saying DRM does not help me. I don't know what a DRM means, does this mean it's impossible or possible?

DRM is digital rights management is what is used to prevent copying of cd's. What you are trying to do won't work anyway because you are trying to put 2 hours of music on a cd formatted to hold only 70 - 80 minutes and still be playable on a normal cd player. Even if you reduce the quality the cd burner and software will still only allow that many minutes of music on the cd. So basically you cannot do that

DRM is digital rights management is what is used to prevent copying of cd's. What you are trying to do won't work anyway because you are trying to put 2 hours of music on a cd formatted to hold only 70 - 80 minutes and still be playable on a normal cd player. Even if you reduce the quality the cd burner and software will still only allow that many minutes of music on the cd. So basically you cannot do that

Thanks for the info. I don't see how DRM can be on this cd b/c it's a man speaking at my church, and we copied it to a cd in data form, and wanted to see how we could get it to work.

Oh well.

Thanks for the info. I don't see how DRM can be on this cd b/c it's a man speaking at my church, and we copied it to a cd in data form, and wanted to see how we could get it to work.

Oh well.

Well, it's probably not on there in that case.

Not sure why you can't shrink it down.

Another solution would be to just play it back through the sound card in real time and record it to your hard drive as a .wav file. Then use Audigy or Itunes or other software to convert it to .mp3 and burn it.

You'll need a lot of hard drive space though for the initial .wav file. But after you convert it to .mp3 you can delete the .wav.

Oops. I just saw that you need a finished product that will play on standard cd players

Unless you have a new one, the .mp3 probably won't play.

You could still record it as .wav to the HD and then convert that to .cda which is then just like a regular audio cd. You'll need at least two cd though.

I know that Alcohol 120 can do this. Not sure about Nero.

I meant to say Audacity, not Audigy.

Edited by irregularjoe