Not sure if this is the right place for this, if not I'm sorry.

I picked up a traffic cone with a blinker on top last year (not sure when or how, i woke up with it on my futon next to me...) and would like to get it to work with an AC adapter instead of always changing batteries.

It has 4 D batteries, 2 sets in parallel wired in series. The way I understand it (which isn't much at all) is I need an adapter with 3v output and amps don't matter?

Thanks

Edited by bobeverywhere
Do you have a volt meter? Are you sure that you don't have a 6 volt circuit? Any labels on the electronic box?

You and your crazy logical solutions....

Voltage is floating at about 3.2, Amps around 4.2. I guess the question is when I find an adapter do I need to worry about the Amps? As I understand it Amps measure merely capacity and when I switch to an AC adapter wouldn't the capacity essentially be infinite?

Do you have a volt meter? Are you sure that you don't have a 6 volt circuit? Any labels on the electronic box?

You and your crazy logical solutions....

Voltage is floating at about 3.2, Amps around 4.2. I guess the question is when I find an adapter do I need to worry about the Amps? As I understand it Amps measure merely capacity and when I switch to an AC adapter wouldn't the capacity essentially be infinite?

The AC adapter will need to be built to handle however much current the device draws, otherwise it will either:

1. Cut off (if it's well built)

2. Catch fire (it it's not)

Every adapter you're likely to see has a current limit stamped on it somewhere.

Where are you getting 4.2 Amps?