Scrolling Problem When Online Only

We had tons of computer problems because of malware, etc. and we installed a new hard drive. As I'm in the process of getting "old" settings, etc. on the computer, I noticed that my scrollbar is acting odd only when I'm online (Firefox or AOL). When I scroll down, the pages sort of ripple or wave; it's not a smooth scrolling appearance. I noticed when I checked the mouse properties (we are using a Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse) that the recognize mouse shows only as being a HID-compliant mouse; it doesn't specifically note it as being the Logitech. We don't have an installation CD. Any ideas where I should be looking to fix this?

A problem with what's displayed actually points to an incorrect or out-of-date display driver. Perhaps you had updated yours but now have the older, original one installed. Check the video manufacturer's website for an updated driver.

Thanks for the reply. Between my husband and I, we figured it out, and it's working fine now.

A problem with what's displayed actually points to an incorrect or out-of-date display driver. Perhaps you had updated yours but now have the older, original one installed. Check the video manufacturer's website for an updated driver.

Thanks for the reply. Between my husband and I, we figured it out, and it's working fine now.

Glad you got it fixed. What was it incase somebody else has the problem?