"replace Color" Tool

I am having troubles reading directions. I have read the help page included with elemnets-2.0, and other peoples tutorials, but I can't seem to use the "replace color" tool. I want to change the following image to a a specific yellow. If you guys could guide me I would be appreciated. Here is the black image I need to change yellow. The original is on a tranparent backgraound(if that matters)

logo-black.jpg

First of all do you have a manual?

If not I found the following:

http://www.photocourse.com/download/PSE2-samples.pdf

As I said in the past, I have never used elements 2.0, but it does have some of Photoshop 7.0's in it.

Go to Windows in top toolbar and check swatches form the menu.

Go to the side toolbar select eyedropper and then select the color from the swatch box.

Again to side toolbar and select the paintbucket, then left click the paintbucket onto to the image for it's new color.

Hop this helps you???

I was kind of looking for a way to change the whole image, including all of the words in one step. Is their a technique to do that?

edit added later//

When I manually try to change the colors yellow using the paint bucket tool. I am getting a fuzzy image with fat letters(unclear). I am not sure how to keep it sharp.

clear image

clear.jpg

fuzzy image

fuzzy.jpg

Edited by shanenin
Sorry.

I don't have a solution for you.

I will work on it and if I find one, I will let you know.

Thanks. I am just trying to enjoy the process. By the way, are you tlaiking about a solution to keep it sharp, or change the color in one step?

Here is one idea of what I am going to use. I still need to clean up and sharpen the logo. I also want a black image of a computer in the center of the sun.

ad1.jpg

edit added later//

I figured out how to get the logo more clear. When I open it it gives me the option of using a higher resolution.

Edited by shanenin
Here is one idea of what I am going to use. I still need to clean up and sharpen the logo. I also want a black image of a computer in the center of the sun.

I reduced the image size from 630/405 to 350/225 and added the monitor.

It seems to be sharper to me.

Hope it's better for you??