How To Get A Better Score In The Cs:s Vst In Sli

I have known that source games don't perform well in SLI but there is supposed to be a way to make them perform better. Well using the Counter-Strike: Source Visual Stress test in single GPU mode I scored 129 FPS average with the setting I had. In SLI with Alternate Frame Rendering 2 I got 113. Well supposedly AFR2 is supposed to increase your score. It had no affect on mine. I've tried a load of fixes which include changing the gloabl settings and the individual Source game settings in the nVidia console. Well nothing. I changed many of the settings in the game like some people suggested (on the EVGA forums) and nothing. That included Anti Aliasing and Antisotrophic Filtering which SLI is supposed to really excel in. Well everything I had read about better performance in SLI has always been with GeForce 7800's and higher.

My system:

Athlon 64 3500+ Venice

EVGA nForce4 SLI x16 motherboard

2x512MB Corsair XMS TwinX RAM

2x EVGA GeForce 7600GT CO video cards

SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS

Can anyone tell me why the fixes that everyone else used aren't working for me? Thank you for any help.

*practically every other game that isn't a Source game performs far better in SLI. My 3DMark05 scores went from around 6000 to 9000.

Edited by Honda_Boy