Where Do You Leave Your Shopping Cart?

Hey Guys,

Today I was sitting, err, melting outside a Walmart parking lot waiting on someone. While I was waiting, I noticed a lot of people leaving their buggies in and around other vehicles. THis has always bothered me. When you are at a place like walmart, which has places to leave your buggy placed through out the lot, why the heck not put it in the receptacle?! Why leave it in a place that will a) make it harder for the "buggy crew" to get to, B) dent, and ding other vehicles, and c) make it where someone has to move a buggy to park in a spot. How lazy are these people?!

Now, when I go to the store, I don't waste time or gas looking for a close spot. I park close to the employees. (this also keeps @$$holes from giving me dings) Now, I have to walk quite a way to put the cart up, but I still do it!

Anyway, maybe there's a goood reason for this lazziness that a I haven't thought of. Maybe there's a reason that someone will put their buggy where it makes it a hassle for others, and can possbily damage someone's property. I can't think of one. (except for maybe the elderly)

So, what are your buggy parking habbits?

Edited by Bubba Bob

The reason that MOST of these A**holes don't put their carts

away is just plain lazieness.

I agree with parking further back to avoid the dings. And the

exercise won't hurt you, either.

I ALWAYS put my cart away, and another thing that you could do]

is grab one of the ones left out when you go there and take it back

inside when you enter.

jim

they are often the same @$$es that sit and block an aisle waiting for somebody to load the groceries in their trunk and drive away, anything up to 5 minutes.without a care for other people

Walmart....the worst place with so many mean drivers of cars and shopping carts. oh yeah lazy too! Why is it they seem to care less there for how they treat other people and other people's belongings? To save money (to pay for their giant SUV's?) they shop at Walmart but take it out on everyone and everything around, it seems to me. My hubby and I call it the Walmart syndrome after the last of only a very few shopping trips there over the last several years but every time had drivers driving dangerously and even trying to run us over as we tried to walk safely to and from the car/store, and also they push carts with same insanity and selfishness as their driving. To heck with everyone in their path, shove them out of the way as I am so important and my needs are only ones that count mentality for so many of the ones we have encountered those few trips. Odd that it doesn't seem that quite bad in other stores/parking lots...just like a switch turns them into crazy zombies when they get on Walmart property?

Sorry for the rant, but I hate being nearly run over by either cars or carts driven by nutcases we have seen at Walmart which is worst place for it to happen that we have seen, so we just don't go there anymore...finally learned our lesson after the last really dangerous near miss!!!

As for the carts...we always put them in one of the corrals, or take them up to the store especially if it is raining so next person doesn't get a really wet cart. Unload cart at car, hand hubby my purse and while he unlocks my door I take the cart to where it belongs, and if someone nearby, is elderly, or a young mom with kids to buckle up so she doesn't have to leave kids, I offer to take their cart too. It just seems like the neighborly thing to do.

Pat

God bless everyone

being a former cart getter at Kroger I always put them up cause I got majorily pissed running all ove rthe parking lot in 98 degree heat lookin for those dang carts. On time it was kinda fun though cause 2 or 3 carts were WAY out there and there is a slight decline so I grabbed a cart hopped on the back and went for a ride. :)

Also thesidekcikcat, whats funny is you'll see mercedes benz, lexuses and other expensive cars sitting outside Save-a-Lot along side beat up Neons, Cavaliers, Corsicas, and others.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Our nearest Aldi's does the quarter deposit thing, too, Dan (great produce , but darn it, they don't accept checks--with Son's appetite, I NEED to write a check so I rarely shop there, besides, it's 25 miles away) Anywayssssss I like the deposit thing!

I too park the cart in the corral or offer it to a shopper. "The wheels are good" is a great advertisement to get a shopper to take the cart! On the other hand, if I'm bringing bottles back, it is awfully handy to have a cart parked right by the car! And I tend to look for "misplaced carts" when I have a couple bags of bottles ;)

Cart riding, Hondaboy? We used to have races :thumbsup:

Liz

Wal-Mart Syndrome - reminds me of the South Park where they open up a Wal-Mart!

I was at the Myrtle Ceach this summer while senior week was taking place (I was there to see my brother, not senior week) and these two girls were walking out and one was on her cell phone saying:

"(imitating horrendous southern drawl) Mama - you shoulda seen the Wal-Mart! They gots a food court and clothes an' everything in there!"

On another random note - one of my buddies (a crazy one) and I had to kill two hours before school (we got there for morning practice for football but then they 2-hour delayed school because of weather) so we went to the local Wal-Mart to kill time. They had Herbie Fully Loaded on a TV in electronics - so we pulled up a bench from the shoe section and started the movie. We made it about 45 minutes before some employee said we couldn't sit there even though we insisted we were "previewing the movie" while we decided whether or not to buy it"

Yeah - there's not much to do around these parts :)

Our Aldi's does the same thing but my mom don't like the store so we don't go there. Our Wal-Mart's parkin lot is littered with carts.

If we want to watch free movies we just go and hang out at Electronic Express. They have a couch sitting in front of their hugest and best TV. I have friends there and they don't care.

I drove to the Winn-Dixie with my mom today... I parked and she left to get a bunch of stuff and I stayed in the car ...

While I was in the car a run-away buggy hit the back of the car ... *my* car...

Needless to say I was slightly agigtated ... lucky I couldn't see who did it :ph34r:

You're not really safe no matter where you park. I watched two young dumb blonds push their carts out into the parking lot at my local grocery store and laugh as the carts rolled downhill out into the major highway. The store worker had to chase the carts down the middle of the highway through heavy traffic.

If people like this can't handle a cart I would be worried about their driving. I have parked in an empty area of a store's parking lot away from the entrances only to have my car hit. Naturally no note left. Probably too stupid to write.

In my neck of the woods our shopping centers have dealt a blow to weirdos. Heh, you are required to insert a coin to rent a shopping cart. After you've finished shopping you return the cart to the return area, click in a chain and your coin is released. Even lazy people can't stand to lose a quarter,lol. This solution seems to work as I see fewer shopping carts littered about.

People still drive like a$$holes here though:-)

In ireland you put your 2 euro (coin) bout 2.50 dollars into a slot as a deposit. you get it back if you return the cart.

Laziness and plain ignorance is the cause of this fiaco..

bubba, you should write the "big screen version" of this, id pay 15 bucks to see it...lol

Edited by snyper

I park the cart probably 99% of the time. Yes, it's pure laziness when I/they don't park it.

What's this "wal-mart" ya'll keep goin' on about? Is it some kind of store? (JK, studies have shown you don't save money in the long run by shopping there, but they sure are efficient at promoting the myth that their prices are low.)

I park the cart probably 99% of the time. Yes, it's pure laziness when I/they don't park it.

What's this "wal-mart" ya'll keep goin' on about? Is it some kind of store? (JK, studies have shown you don't save money in the long run by shopping there, but they sure are efficient at promoting the myth that their prices are low.)

is that because you buy more when your there?

0_o if you wanna know how evil Wal-Mart really is watch "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price"

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?moviei...id=26149263_0_0

I watched that a few months back. Good video, I wish they would listed soures for their numbers though. (the entire video can be viewed at Google Video for free)

Anyway, i try to avoid the scabs as much as i can, but with them being 24 hours, sometiems it's the only place open when I need them. I finally got sick of their low quality crap. I go to other grocery stores for food, and Sears for just about everything else. Sure, I might pay twice as much, but with Sears (and craftsman) it'll last twice as long.

Edited by Bubba Bob

I've always put my carts back into the "Corral" as it's been called here, I hate those people that just leave them right beside where they parked their cars and emptied the cart.

Most places here use the Coin-Op carts nowadays, but even this doesn't stop them. Some places are a Loonie ($1) coin and others are $.25...the loonie ones rarely get just left behind cause that's just TOO much money, but the two-bit ones.....they don't care!

I like to give my carts (even the paid for ones) to the lil old lady, or the mom with little kids, instead of returning it for the money. Makes me feel like I've done my good deed for the day, and they certainly appreciate the time/hassle savings.

is that because you buy more when your there? ...

It's because they use marketing tricks; the few actually low-priced items are placed so it's the easiest to see, the rest of the stuff (the stuff you REALLY wanted in the first place) is rarely a bargain. You wind up saving on a few items (which your brain then registers as, "I saved!") and blowing more on all their non-competitively priced items (brain says, "I needed this anyway."). From what I've seen they don't take into account time saved by being able to get it all in one stop, wthout having to look for bargains, so since your time is worth something the issue gets muddled.

Probably told this shopping cart story before but: Went to the grocery store. Got in my truck with one bag (so I entered on the drivers side). Got home and that community's police department had left a message asking me to call them. Whoa!

Called and they asked, "Were you at so-and-so at such-and-such a time?" Whoa. "Um, yes?"

The car parked on my passenger side backed out with a cart stuck between our vehicles and dragged it along the full length of the side of my truck. A good Samaraton saw it, called the police and reported the license number of the idio... person, who did it.

I hung up with the police and went in the garage to look at the side of the truck ... Gaahhahahhahh!

Funny though, I don't remember the whole getting paid for the damage part of the story. Must've done it, but I don't remember it.