well for one thing I think a Mod is gonna move this to PC support but if you already have a 939 board I'd say stick with it unless you are just itchin to spend some cash.

intel is the devil Bobby Boucher. (Waterboy Joke). He may be like me and is a die hard AMD fan and refuse to go intel.

I just thought of something. If you have the money and are willing to spend it, Go AM2 if you want to be ready for the next set of processors from AMD that are supposed smoke Intel processors soon.

Go AM2 if you want to be ready for the next set of processors from AMD that are supposed smoke Intel processors soon.

Translation: AMD's going to release a core next year that won't be as completely outclassed.

Seriously, the only way I can see the K8L smoking Core 2 is if the FSB issue is a more serious problem for Kentsfield than it appears. Even then I don't think it would matter. But I suppose it's possible that AMD will pull off a miracle.

Edited by jcl

I would go with AM2 mainly becuase of the motherboards, there are no nForece5 boards available for 939. Also there are rumors that next gen AM3 processors will work with AM2 sockets. But if you plan on using ATI's Crossfire technology you should go 939 because ther mobos are much more compatable

Edited by just2good4u3434