Not A Good Week

This has been a rough week. My wife woke up Tuesday morning, short of breath and pains everywhere. Took her to the emergency room and 5 hours later they admitted her. We didn't find out for sure till Wednesday evening that she had had a mild heart attack. On Thursday she went to Winchester Medical Center in Virginia for a catheterization where they found a 70% blockage and a 90% on another. They installed 2 stints and she came home Friday morning. She is still sore and a little shaken but it had one other good effect. She hasn't smoked since Monday night and is now on the patch

Oh my gosh, Robroy! I'm so glad she came out of it ok! My sister in law has stints from a heart attack, too--keep an eye on those things as she's had to have hers "tweaked" (not nearly as invasive as the original procedure, "piece of cake", she said)

Spoil her rotten! I KNOW you'll support her with quitting smoking!

Liz

I'm sure glad she is doing better now!!! Am praying for a complete recovery.

Scary stuff to go through all that but could have been so much worse as so many first heart attacks are often fatal.

Glad to hear that she is not smoking anymore. That will be a great plus for her recovery now and future good health.

Take care of her and yourself too, and both of you take time to destress after all that has happened.

Pat

God bless everyone.

thank you all for the good wishes and prayers. Especial thanks for the big bag of vanilla chi Mac.

She is doing good right now and feels better. If she gets through the next 3 -4 weeks ok hen she should be good to go.They say that that is the most likely time frame for a second heart attack. I will keep everyone posted on her recovery

Do make sure you keep us posted, Robroy. Best of all, her "heartquirk" has been caught and diagnosed, which means she will be monitored closely--which means chances of her having a second attack will be lessened! Again, Sister in law is doing fantastic since the "stent tweak" and it's been two years! :thumbsup:

Liz

Hang in there robroy!! That is very stressful indeed. My wife had a hysterectomy in the middle of this month and it turned out fine, but, surgery can really bum you out. I'm thinking about you, my man, sending some positive vibes your way! I hope your wife has a speedy recovery!! Take it easy, my friend! :D

I know about heart problems and stints , my mom had heart problems and had to have a stint(btw at the hospital that invented them)

I prey that your wife has a speedy recovery and the stints work well

hi robroy

sorry to hear bout your wife

smoking dosent help

but there are other factors

diet excersise ect

ive been throught it my self

so i like to try and help others

hope you are coping ok

we are here for you

take care

marty

Yikes!

Glad to hear she pulled thru that first part and is on the recovery trail.

Many times it takes something to wake us up to our health, and this experience will probably ensure she quits smoking...not a great way to do it but it'll work hopefully.

Good thing you recognized the symptoms right away and didn't just put it off. Too many heart attack victims don't respond to the initial signs and sometimes leave it till it's too late.

DENIAL is a medically listed symptom of Heart Attacks! And it's a deadly mistake.

Best wishes to you & your wife Robroy!!

Marty they put stints in to open up the two arteies that were blocked. They do that at the same time as the catheterisation, it is much less invasive than bypass surgery therefore much safer. A cut in the groin and slide a tube up in the artery to look at the heart from the inside , then move the stints into place the same way, all while the patient is concious and can watch it on the monitor

Took her to the emergency room and 5 hours later they admitted her.

Am I reading that correctly, she waited in the waiting room for 5 hours while haveing a heart attack? Holy crap, she should have been admitted immediaetly

I feel for you. I could not imagine the thought of losing my wife. I wish you guys the best :-)

Marty they put stints in to open up the two arteies that were blocked. They do that at the same time as the catheterisation, it is much less invasive than bypass surgery therefore much safer. A cut in the groin and slide a tube up in the artery to look at the heart from the inside , then move the stints into place the same way, all while the patient is concious and can watch it on the monitor

(meant as a joke only)

ok it's a little more technical than i thought

*macmarauder puts away the oil soaked pliers and electric turkey carving knife

(meant as a joke only)

ok it's a little more technical than i thought

*macmarauder puts away the oil soaked pliers and electric turkey carving knife

That's our "Mad Doctor" for you...always trying to do it the cheap & easy way... :wacko: