logo1.jpg

First off, I want to thank rhema7 for desighning my logo.

I was unable to get my uploaded png version(transparent background) to work, so I uploaded this jpg version. I like the all black version for some stuff, but wanted to experiment with a colored verison for some other applications, in particular my website. I want to add yellow to fill in the circle(sun). Since the rays are not fully enclosing the circle, the color spreads everywhere. I thought about manually drawing a line in each gap, but it looked messy and did not seem practical.

one possible solution I had was to make draw a circle with a fine yellow line, then use the move tool to drag it on top of my logo. I then could use the fill feature to fill it in. I am embarrased to say, I can't seem to figure out how to draw a circle with a fine line.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

that is exactly what I am trying to do. What techniche did you use to keep the color in the circle?

edit added later//

I think I figured out a way to do it.

Edited by shanenin

you gave me some links before which I failed to save :blush: Were those tutorials for photoshop elements? I really need to learn the very basics of stuff, inparticular layers(having trouble following your technique). If you could give me those again I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by shanenin

Thanks for the link :-)

I just finished my very first photoshop manipulation. I have to say it felt pretty good to modify it myself.

I created a yellow circle using the elipse tool, then put the image of the computer on top with the move tool

logo6.jpg

Edited by shanenin

I just commited to a half page phonebook ad for my business. The people at yellowbook are making me a proof, but I think i am also going to try and do one using photoshop elements-2.0. The new phone book will be published about january 1, 2007. I am really excited, not so much about the $440/month charge, but the business it will bring. I am guarenteed to make back at least the cost of the ad(so long as it generates about 7 jobs/month), hopefully I will make above and beyond.