Hey guys

Ok, well I'm going to fix up my old computer (get new mobo and stuff).

So, when I get that done.

I'm going to have two computers.

And I want internet for both, so I'll need a router, but I am kinda lost with this.

I need a router with both wireless and wired connection. I need at least 2 wired connection and like the rest wireless I guess.

I am not an expert at this filed, so can Anyone point me in the right direction?

Maybe a D-Link or a Linkies?

and My price limit would be around $0 to $75, but I would like something under $50.

It's been a while since I looked into wireless but I

think you're going to find that the router will work

into your budget but the expense will come when

you start buying wireless cards (NIC) for your computers

You have the right idea as to what you need and want to do

There's nothing wrong with it except for one firmware version. I just recommend you call up their tech support to get it set up if it doesn't for you - and then secure your wireless network manually using WPA (insted of WEP) and MAC Filtering

Ok, thanks for answers man.

I have one more question.

My family uses Vonage. (http://vonage.com).

Thier voice terminal acts as a router too.

But, It can only connect to one other device (current PC).

Anyways, here's my plan

Cable Modem

----- Vonage Router

----------- Linkey's Router.

-----------------PC One ------PC Two.

Or, yall think is it better with:

Cable Modem

----- Linkey's Router.

----------- Vonage Router ----- PC One ------PC Two

(I need the vonage router/voice terminal to use my phone lol)

This was posted to me at BBS because i wanted to connect an old computer to my main computer wireless to research viruses & trojans, hope it can help you also !!

If you are connecting via a telephone line, I assume you are going to connect via ADSL, which uses the unused bandwidth on a normal telephone line.

The best solution is to use an ADSL router. This device has an inbuilt ADSL modem and allows you to share the modem's connection with other computers. In other words, you get a network broadband connection rather than a single point connection.

You can get ADSL routers that also have wireless. One of these will allow you to connect to other computers without running wires all over the place. However, wireless signal is reduced as it passes through walls and floors (particularly reinforced concrete walls that can reduce the signal to nothing) so how far the wireless signal goes depends very much on the construction of your house. However, you can usually expect a wireless system to connect to adjacent rooms.

A wired connection is faster and easier to set up. Therefore, if one of the computers is close to the telephone point, I'd connect it via cable rather than wirelessly. Save the wireless for remote connections.

You will need wireless network cards or wireless usb adapters in each of the PC that are to connect to the router via wireless. Wired PCs will need a 100BaseTX network card (most modern PC have them built in).

Lastly, I recommend you get an ADSL wireless router. This is not the same as a DSL router. If you get a DSL router, you will also need an ADSL modem and getting the two to talk to each other can be hard work. Therefore, look for a router that specifically states that it is for use with an ADSL line.

Good luck with your project !! Still thinking about how to go about mine !!