I have had the strangest problem lately on my laptop. I was going through all my drivers to see which ones I could find updates for. I came across an update for my onboard video driver. I downloaded it and tried running it but it keeps telling me that I can't update.

It is a Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family Driver Version: 6.14.10.4446

I am trying to update to Driver Version: 6.14.10.4543

Everytime I try it says "You can not install this driver on this computer, Contact your manufacturer for more details."

It is a new laptop from Dell, Inspiron E1505 with XP Media Edition SP2. I thought I would ask her first before waiting forever to get a customer service rep that can help me from Dell. Thanks for the help once again.

Problem solved. I was downloading the driver from the intel website and that was not working and kept giving me the same error message. I finally went to the dell site and they recently updated all the driver downloads available for my laptop. I downloaded the driver I wanted and it worked. Wish I knew why but I'll just be glad that it did. Thanks for the help.