Strange Thing Happened On My Way Home From Work.

I was driving home from work and I get to one road and I get behind a Toyota Tacoma PreRunner. It was going a little slow and I was a little close but not anywhere near tailgating. Well as we continue on down the road at one point close to McDonald's and Burger King the guy slams his brakes real quick and lets off. Of course since I'm not tailgating, I wasn't close enough for that to really do anything. In fact I didn't even touch my brakes I just let off the gas for a second. Well I see the passenger stick his head out the window and look back at me. Well they get in the left turn lane at this red light and I go straight. Well sittin there at the red light there is an FJ Cruiser sitting next to me on this temporarily 4 lane intersection. I go a little faster than the FJ and get to the 2 lane part of the road. Well I get in the turn lane to go in my neighborhood. I turn in and go in a little ways and notice that Tacoma in the turn lane turning in. They kill the lights and stay a ways back thinking I wouldn't see em. I speed up and take all the turns real fast so they wouldn't know which way I went. I get down this long street and get to the big hill at the end and I don't see them anymore. I book it home (bout 30 seconds away) and park my car in the driveway (long driveway too). I get out of my car and see that tacoma slow down at my house next to my driveway. I'm pretty sure they saw me see them. It's safe to say I ran to my room REAL quick and grabbed the enfield and affixed the bayonet to it. I ran back down to the front of the house and looked out. No more Tacoma. I looked in the back (driveway is in the back) nothing but my car. I had finally remebered to go and check my gas cap cause I had just filled up. Due to my short term memory loss I wasn't sure if I had put it back on. My mom went out there with me carrying the handle to a floor jack since it certainly isn't wise to walk outside in a neighbor hood with a rifle, bayonet affixed, in hand. Luckily the cap was on. It is also safe to say that mt rifle is sitting next to me still with bayonet. Of course the bayonet is sheathed.

If anything happens to my car tonight, someone is gonna have hell to pay.

Edited by Honda_Boy

I certainly hope you're not going to be the victim of a senseless attack of some kind. There sure are plenty of morons in this world, huh?

Why didn't you try to get the vehicle license number?

------

Similar (in the sense that I didn't have any idea why the person was annoyed): Driving to work, got behind a slow car. I don't tailgate either and I leave PLENTY of time to get to work so I wasn't bothered by the slow-poke. We stop at a red light, he's in the left lane, I'm in the right. He's in a Datsun B-200 (crappy old-school economy car), I'm in my Mustang Cobra.

Now I know he's going to try to get ahead of me, even though he's been driving very slow up to now. And I also know, I don't care, let him. Like I said, I'm in no hurry and his slow-poke-ishness doesn't bother me. The light turns and sure enough -- OFF HE GOES! I let him go.

After a few miles of single lane in each direction road (where I could have passed him if I were in any hurry) we get to two lanes in each direction. He changes lanes, slows WAY down, gets behind me and turns on his high beams.

Uh, what?

------

Similar (in the sense I was "chased"): Driving home from work I suddenly see a car closing behind me at a VERY high rate of speed. So fast I didn't have time to think before he veered around me, just missing my car. He nearly loses control of his car and fishtails several times befrore regaining control, losing a hubcap in the process. He disappears ahead of me.

Later I'm passing a gas station and see that car, the driver's checking for damage. He sees me, jumps in his car and starts chasing after me! I made a few turns to be sure he was following me, turned into a random driveway to prepare to defend myself, and he just drove past.

Uh, what?

------

I got a million stories ...

:D

my dad told me if that ever happens again to just drive them slowly around the neighborhood and then back out to the main roads and to the police station.

Yeah, keep an eye open for the weirdos and phone 911 if you see anything strange happening. I agree with the previous posters, go to the police station if this happens again. I find it so strange that people get so worked up over the smallest thing that they would resort to following you; they're freaks.

Good luck with this, Honda Boy!!

Be careful Honda Boy, if you see them again try to get license number. And if they seem to be hanging around, or following you, call the cops. Yes if followed by someone, drive them over to the police station, or a fire station!!!

"It's a jungle out there" as the Monk theme song says!!! So be careful folks!!!

I still remember the scare we had last summer with some guy mad at me, as a passenger with hubby driving in a poor minority section of town, telling me to get out of "his neighborhood" and calling me all sorts of filthy names, while hanging halfway out his truck window looking backwards at me in next lane while driving!!! Scary!!!

Yep "It's a jungle out there" for sure!!! :wacko:

Pat

God bless everyone

It's amazing what people will get upset about. But what are you doing with the bayonet dude? Planning on making a charge or something? That part made me chuckle, I can understand grabbing the rifle, but why the bayonet. One other point is rifles, especially high powered rifles aren't good for defense. There's too much to worry about, blow through is one of them. If there's alot of houses around you then a rifle isn't a good thing to use. They tend to go straight through the body and can cause damage to surrounding houses and people. Now a shotgun would be a perfect choice. Not only do you not have to worry about blow through, but they'll do alot more damage. That and just the sound of a shotgun racking back is usually enough to scare the hell out of anybody. Just remember dude, whats behind your target is just as important as your target.

1. The Enfield is the only firearm in the house. (there is also a rubber Colt .45 training pistol and an airsoft m16 but the stock is missing)

2. My parents obviously ain't gonna give me any of the ammo. They hide it from me. The bayonet was incase they decided to come up to the house. The whole military rifle, bayonet atached, thing was just to scare them if they decided to come back.

Eeep. That does not sound like a good situation.

We were always told not to drive home if that happens, but to go to the police station or somewhere there is a large population present. I always thought my parents were just paranoid, but apparently...

I think they were just trying to be tough, just trying to feel big by messing with you. Hopefuly nothing happens to you, or any of your stuff. Most people try to put on a big face and then avoid confrontation.

It sounded like you were ready for them. :)

Please take care.

I have not posted in this thread for several reasons.

One of the bigger ones is this story,it happened 35 miles from were I live.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOISE, Idaho (AP)-- A father who saw his teenage son shot and killed in front of his Boise home last December by a Boise police officer has doubts about the fairness of an Ada County coroner's inquest hearing planned for next week.

At the hearing, set for Monday to Oct. 19 and open to the public, county prosecutors will question witnesses and present evidence to a six-person jury. The jury will decide who was responsible for the Dec. 18 death of 16-year-old Matthew Jones, who was shot by Officer Andrew Johnson after brandishing a rifle with a bayonet attached, and whether there is any evidence a crime was committed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you must defend yourself and property do so with stealth and a 12g shotgun.

If you had had ammo and missed while using it a round would go clear thru your neighbor's house :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you must defend yourself and property do so with stealth and a 12g shotgun.

If you had had ammo and missed while using it a round would go clear thru your neighbor's house :(

When I was a teenager, I had to defend myself from several men and older teenage boys who were determine they were going to break into our house way out in the boonies. Even with our 3 or 4 dogs barking they were still threatening me and telling me what they planned to do to me, and bringing their truck close enough to the house so they could break into the kitchen window, (I had the living room window and door blocked with furniture in the time that the dogs held them off from breaking down the door), but kitchen window was big enough they decided that was next best place to try. I had a couple of machetes that we had used one summer for brush clearing, and I held them up to the window and said the first hands or heads or whatever that come in that window are going to be chopped off!!! I stood my ground even as they backed their truck right under the window, I brandished the longest sharpest machete and got up on counter top so I would have leverage to bring machete down on the head of whoever broke the window...and stood my ground for half the afternoon while they bragged about their plans to rape me while they drank more beer and whiskey to get their courage up to break in. My dogs nearly barked themselves hoarse. I was to scared to use the 410 over and under shotgun and it was hidden away and I didn't want to leave window long enough to go get it out. Had only practised shooting it once anyhow and that time it had dislocated my shoulder! So felt safer with the machetes. Also had boiling water on kitchen wood stove that I was planning as a backup if I got knocked down off kitchen counter. No phone to call for help. Folks weren't expected back for awhile. I was so scared, but felt my only option was to stand my ground and fight if needed. I had no problems with chopping someone up if need be. County sheriff had told us if we ever needed to fight for our lives, just to make sure the bodies were inside the house. Well I figured at least part of a body would be if I had to chop a head or hand off!!! Only thing I was worried about was I am such a scaredy cat at the sight of blood!!! Well I guess they finally decided that I meant what I said, and they knew once inside they would be chewed on by the dogs too, so they milled around the yard and truck for a long time, sometimes getting up in the truck bed to threaten me. Finally heard my Dad's car coming in our long road, and it was only way in or out of the property. Sure glad they came back earlier than usual from working out in the woods!!! So the main drunken nut job guy broke the window then they all jumped in truck and as soon as Dad pulled in the yard and aimed his old station wagon at their truck they swerved around him and high tailed it off the property, and they didn't know if he had his gun with him or not. I was so relieved to see my folks that I was crying hysterically once I saw I was safe finally. Oh I did get the license number and had taken pictures of all of them and of the truck under window and the guy breaking window, which Dad gave to the sheriff deputy after a phone call to them from neighbor's a half mile away. But nothing much was done except deputy "talking to them" and telling them not to do it again...and luckily they didn't ever try that again, though we did have other trouble over the years on that lonely place. The deputy told me I had done the right thing to use something like that to scare them enough to not break in. The funny thing was when I went to school the next day, I heard a lot of gossip about a wild woman with a head full of wild hair (I had washed my hair just before they showed up and it had dried without me having a chance to comb out the tangles of my fuzzy permed hair and set it on curlers because I was dealing with keeping them out of house! So I really looked wild I guess!!!) brandishing lots of jungle weapons at them when they had just "gone out on a visit". Yeah right!!! But funny how the gossip got around so quick, that's a small community for you!!!

I still shake thinking about it all these years later.

Sometimes you just have to do whatever it takes to protect yourself. Though knowing it can backfire on you with either the police or the bad guys. Stay smart, stay as calm as possible, and stay safe!

Pat

God bless everyone

I'm gonna try and get a H&K USP Tatical .45 with a silencer to ward off any @$$wipes pullin this kinda crap again.

* And I'm getting hollow points too.

Edited by Honda_Boy

no problems here...I got the firepower.

and just in case they run I have a 30-30 lever action with a scope.

when I applied for my concealed carry permit I got 100% score with Glock .45

old timers will know what I'm talking about...USMC, qualified with M1, colt .45, M14, and BAR.

they wouldn't let me qualify with bow and arrow.

Edited by bearskin

I have 40 acres near Lk. Mich. And believe me there ain't no law in the country. Although I live in town, I used to camp out there 3 out of 4 weekends. Many times alone with my dogs. I chased many low-lifes outta there with my S&W 686 on my hip. Told each and every one of them I would shoot to kill if they made me draw it.

Word gets around... One evening I was in town buying 22 cals. for target fun and the guy said, " you must be that gal over in Breedville acting crazy, waving big guns around" I said, "you bet! And you can tell all of them I mean business." I also told the Sheriff to spread the word, because I knew he knew all the trouble makers around. That was after I helped the DEA out when I found a big crop of pot being tended by two guys on ATVs on the property next to me. Cops get right friendly when you help them out like that.

Browning Automatic Rifle,30.06 full or semiautomatic used as a "light" MG 8-9 pounds.

Thought the above quote was too light.

I carried one for a year and was the top qualifier in my platoon.

Was top with the M1 also.

Straight from my Marine Corp Hand Book:

Weight, complete with bipod and magazine 19.4 lbs

Magazine capacity 20 rounds

Weight of magazine Empty 7ozs, Filled 1lb 7ozs