Help Playing Burned-to-cd Jpeg On Dvd! Please

in the past I'm sure I have burned jpeg's to a regular CD-R and it has played in my dvd plaer (magnavox mwd2205, i know technically they don't claim they can play photo cd's but they do say they can play "CD-R/CD-RW".

I guess possibly it was because the one time it worked, I had burned my photo's to an "Audio CD", so the dvd player was kind of able to show the pictures b/c it is set up to read audio cd's?

now i am having trouble doing it, i am burning them to regular data CD-RW or CD-R.

does it sound like usnig an audio cd was the thing that worked before?

I think you maty have gotten lucky before but this sounds strange. If doesn't say it can read images then it might not be able to. Mine does. It's only 7 months old though. How old is yours?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Technically, if they don't claim that it can read photos, then the DVD player probably doesn't have the compression decrypter to put the pixels on the screen from a JPEG or other image file (ie, read the 1s and 0s of an imagefile).

Edited by dBTelos