Hey guys. Ya, we've been really worried about him. Last time he was gone this long, it was due to some health issues, and we hope it isn't that way again. :( Many of the mods and admins have been trying to contact him, but have gotten no reply.

And yes, Chappy1 is him. He just made that so he could test the permissions set for the Experts.

Matt

back in may chappy said he

would be off the board for some time

MATT

how do i find chappys last posts

because that was the last post he sent in

in it he did explain why

i dont know how to find those last posts

ive tried to search for it

but i cant remember the

heading

so im not sure what ime looking for

like the rest of you im worried

he is responsable for me being

a message board poster

and i hold him in high regard

as well

when i come to canada

for the world diabetes conference

he and rv16

are going to come and meet

me

this is very exciting for me

we are due to come in oct 2007

marty

Edited by martymas

Bearskin beat me to the punch with this thread. I was planning on asking about Chappy later this week myself. Great minds think alike? Ha! Old saying of my mother's! :rolleyes:

I have been worried about not seeing him around anywhere too. Sure hope he shows up and is ok. I miss him!!!

Though come to think about it, some board I was checking out for something or other awhile back I did see a Chappy or Chappy1 screen name but the posts didn't seem like our Chappy. So don't know if it was him or not, though didn't think so at the time I saw them. Can't remember where I was either. I'll look around this week at some possible boards and see if I can remember where I had seem a Chappy listed.

Come back Chappy we love ya!!! :wub:

Pat

God bless everyone

Edited by thesidekickcat

hi matt i couldnt find the post chappy sent in

but i remember in one of his posts

some thing about a court case with one of his relations

ive forgotten the details

but i hope he is ok

he is a dam good BLOKE

MARTY

Chappy was posting on WorldStart early this morning Pacific time around 1am.

So he`s still around & probably just popped in there for awhile to help while on line & found some members

needing help with their PCs..

Thats good to hear. I just sent him a PM there.

Matt

Ya, I heard from him too and he said he'll come back right away...

He said he just needed a break from everything cause he's been just so doggone tired with this health crap an all, and took a holiday.

I sure don't miss him tho....arrogant bugger. I don't see what y'all see in him anyway....just cause he's handsome an smart doesn't mean diddly squat really.. :P

SORRY EVERYONE!!!

I have been (all at once) tired, burned out, sick, playing pool, popping pills, and generally just bummed out. When doing my taxes I found out I had spent OVER $5000.00 on meds last year alone, thats enough to bum anyone out I tell ya.

This year should be better as I'm learning how to live with Peripheral Neuropathy pains. Basically, you have to or you go insane because there is no other choice. But I've learned that the longer you live with pain, the more used to it you become, so I guess I'm starting to get used to it finally. Still a ways to go yet but I can finally see how all the others with this problem have learned to deal with it (without commiting suicide eventually). Last year at this time, I would never have thought I could live with this condition, but I was wrong...anyone can get used to something when you have no other choice.

So sad to hear about Drew...jeez, you just don't think that will happen to someone you know, but it does. Still doesn't make it any easier tho...we'll certainly miss him. RIP My friend!

K, well, I'm back now anyway. My sister has instructions on how to post here if anything ever happens to me, so if you don't see a post like that in the future, it just means I'm sleeping again.

BTW, I got a PROMOTION!!

I am now a Lieutenant at RFD (along with a 12G a year raise :thumbsup: )

Ya, I heard from him too and he said he'll come back right away...

He said he just needed a break from everything cause he's been just so doggone tired with this health crap an all, and took a holiday.

I sure don't miss him tho....arrogant bugger. I don't see what y'all see in him anyway....just cause he's handsome an smart doesn't mean diddly squat really.. :P

SORRY EVERYONE!!!

I have been (all at once) tired, burned out, sick, playing pool, popping pills, and generally just bummed out. When doing my taxes I found out I had spent OVER $5000.00 on meds last year alone, thats enough to bum anyone out I tell ya.

This year should be better as I'm learning how to live with Peripheral Neuropathy pains. Basically, you have to or you go insane because there is no other choice. But I've learned that the longer you live with pain, the more used to it you become, so I guess I'm starting to get used to it finally. Still a ways to go yet but I can finally see how all the others with this problem have learned to deal with it (without commiting suicide eventually). Last year at this time, I would never have thought I could live with this condition, but I was wrong...anyone can get used to something when you have no other choice.

So sad to hear about Drew...jeez, you just don't think that will happen to someone you know, but it does. Still doesn't make it any easier tho...we'll certainly miss him. RIP My friend!

K, well, I'm back now anyway. My sister has instructions on how to post here if anything ever happens to me, so if you don't see a post like that in the future, it just means I'm sleeping again.

BTW, I got a PROMOTION!!

I am now a Lieutenant at RFD (along with a 12G a year raise :thumbsup: )

It takes awhile to get used to constant pain. I have learned to ignore some of it. Of course right now I feel like a concrete truck ran over me. It's been 5 years since I have done a continuous day of hard labor. I now know why I didn't miss doing masonary jobs. :o

Congrats on the promo!

welcome back Chappy and congratulations on the promotion. That takes a bunch of work, I have several friends in the local FD and know what it takes to get that. Great job

Hi Dave ,

Good to hear from. Glad to hear about the promotion. You deserve it. I know about the pain you speak of. I choose to live with the pain too. The medicine they want me to take can make you feel like a zombie. I have spastic paralysis of the lower extremities. I have always worked with my hands, machine building, repair, setup and operation. I have since moved to a smaller scale (running an eyeglass lab) It pays the bills.

Take care ,

Pat

Hi Dave,

Congratulations on your promotion, I know the good people of Regina are well served with you watching over them:-) Very cool stuff, man! I know a little bit of what it is like to have pain; I hope that you can have a break from the suffering. Stay well, my friend:-)

WELCOME BACK!!!!! We missed you a lot here.

Glad you are back Chappy, and congratulations on the promotion!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lots of us on the boards have been, or are now, in various degrees of pain so we can sure empathize with you! Hopefully you will eventually learn to go with the flow of it (yes pain has a flow folks) after awhile, but it does keep you stressed no matter what level or type of pain control or drugs you use, and I know how it affects entire life, especially sleeping, and for me the hardest one is deciding whether to risk doing various activities that may make things worse!!! So yes I can identify with your pain problems. Am so sorry you are going through it. But that is the only thing to do is keep on keeping on dealing with it, as life is really worth living to the best of our abilities!

As for the cost of your medicine being so high, I thought Canada had universal health coverage? Doesn't it cover medicine?

Glad you are back here with all of us. We luv ya!!! :wub:

Pat

God bless everyone

Hi Folks

Thx for the friendly welcome home....as usual, you guys are the Bestest & Friendliest group of Electronic Misfits that the world has ever known! ;)

Nobody knows exactly why, but Neuropathic pain is most prominent at nights, so sleeping (or lack thereof) is the biggest complaint you hear on the Neuropathy.org site. There are some theories as to why this is, but absolutely no factual studies can say why. Basically, as I'm slowly learning, you just learn to ignore a certain amount of pain and go on with life as best you can. Fortunately that also means you can cut back on the amount of meds you take for the pain, so the costs get cut back considerably too.

Yes Pat, we do have universal health care, but thats for hospital care, prescriptions are another thing. I do have coverage thru work but it maxxes out at $1200 or so. I applied for a special coverage from the Provincial Gov. and was accepted so after my other coverage cuts out now, I only pay about $300 more at regular cost then this kicks in and covers 65% till the year end. That will help allot this year and I should only pay around $2500 or so now. (I hope....we'll see)

Well, as usual, this place and the people here, always has the ability to pick up ones spirits! Always a friendly smile and a comforting word for anyone who has a problem and that's what makes this group truly special!

Love ya!

Lt. Dave ;)

Hi Lt. Dave :thumbsup:

It's good to see you online again. I was wondering about you also. I haven't been online a lot lately due to medical issues too but most of it's behind me now. You have my email so if you need drop me a line there.

take care

Mike