New Computer Won't Boot Correctly

well I finally built it and now when I flip on the PSU and then hit the power button I see all the lights come on. For only a split second then they go off. NOOOOOOO. At first I thought I had the jumpers on wrong (front panel) but after double checking the manual I have it right. What could be preventing the boot? I leaning towards power supply due to something I read about it. With or with out the last 4 pins connected on the 24 pin connection it does the same thing. I think that it's not getting power from the last 4 pins.

Please help! I finally get my parts and It won't boot. I may just go to my local shop and buy an Antec if this Forton won't give me the juice.

Edited by Honda_Boy

nevermind I got it. Someone on newegg said they just unhooked all the molex connectors powered it on, It worked sort of. Then I hooked all the connectors backup (seems the PCI Express hookup on the motherboard was the temporary culprit) no the entire system powers up.

Ok my new problem now is that my motherboard doesn't boot correctly. I have to push the reset button repetedly until it boots correctly. The motherboard has a built in Bios screen that displays numbers. While booting it will either get stuck on C1 or C3. Once it got stuck on C5. Well when it passes these numbers the Post screen shows and it works just fine. In fact guess what I'm writing this on. But it refuses to boot and when you're doing updates and driver installs this gets extremly annoying. Why will this boad not boot correctly. I'll post this same thing in EVGA's forums, I'm almost sure I'm not the only one.

* I have had Zero problems out of games except BF2 doesn't work but I don't think it did before I switched Motherboards and Processors.

Edited by Honda_Boy

again I kinda have solved my owned problem. Some one on the EVGA forums suggest testing each memory module. The culprit was my second memory module. I tried just the first, perfect boot every time. I tried just the second in the #1 slot and I get the problem again. It was hanging up at C1 and C3. I guess buing a 939 board to save money on memory was a waste. I'm gonna have to buy new memory anyway. Now I wish I woulda gone AM2.

*Yeah something is definately wrong with the second stick. When it was in the computer was registering PC2700 or maybe lower RAM. When I removed it and had just the good one it was 1. booting normally and 2. registering as PC 3200 like it is supposed to. Anyone got any good ideas about what memory to get. This thing is SLOW with just 512 MB of RAM. It's insanely quick with 1GB but when it takes 20 tries to get it going I just ain't gonna deal with it. Also I reinstalled BF2, Patched it, and man is it great on this computer. Now I'll have to get some new ram so I can play it again.

Edited by Honda_Boy

I never mix brands or speeds. I have always used Kingston memory. Knock on wood I have never gotten a bad stick from them. I would rely on the top brands only. Corsair, Crucial, Buffalo and etc. To save a couple of dollars on el-cheapo memory isn't worth the headache. I steer clear of PNY, Ultra and other bargain brands. Usually the manufacturer will provide a list of known memory modules that work at their websites. With even the best brands you will still once in a great while get a bad stick.

It's a b!*&% to even try and boot the system with the bad memory. Also the memory is twin 512MB PC3200 PQI Power sticks. They were running in dual channel. They had worked with out flaws in the Gigabyte motherboard and in my Compaq. I'm about to remove the memory form the Compaq and install the bad stick and see what happens. The FSB on the compaq is only 266. Maybe it'll work fine cause the EVGA baord was detecting it as PC2100 or PC2700, I can't remember which.

Funny though the second stick was newer. I added it later on on the Gigabyte board. The original stick I started with is still running fine. I'm gonna order a Corsair XMS 1GB (2x512) Dual Channel kit. Corsair is recommended for EVGA boards I think.

* just tested it in the Comapq. It worked just fine. I 'm gonna test it one more time in the Sidewinder 2.0 (that's new name until I put it in an Aspire X-plorer case) and see what happens.

** Ok it still having problems in the EVGA Board and CPU-Z is detecting as PC2700.

Edited by Honda_Boy