I searched this subject and couldn't find the fix. My Ie 6 lost it's function to Open in a new window. It works for folders but not on just a favorite that is not in a folder in favorites. When I use the open new window from with in a fold of favorites it open a box that has all the favorites listed and then I have to pick from them. It worked fine the other day but now the function is gone when using the links. I searched Kelly's Corner and found some similar functions but none of them helped. Any ideas?

Thanks as always. <===Lefty===

Internet Options > Advanced tab > Uncheck box for Reuse windows for launching shortcuts.

If that doesn't work have you installed any new programs or toolbars recently? Have you scanned for malware?

Edited by TheTerrorist_75
Internet Options > Advanced tab > Uncheck box for Reuse windows for launching shortcuts.

If that doesn't work have you installed any new programs or toolbars recently? Have you scanned for malware?

Try running sfc /scannow.

There is a space between the c & the /.

Type it in the RUN box & click OK.

You may need the xp CD or recovery disk if it prompts you for it.

Gave System File Checker a try with no luck either. Also uninstalled and rebooted to reinstall with no luck.

Still lost on this one.

I think this link might help--

Click Here

I just downloaded & merged the reg file & it works.

When you download it,right click it & choose "Merge".

Click OK on the security prompt.

Now when you click on Favorites & right click a link the option to open it in a new window is available.

See picture--

http://i6.tinypic.com/1zf3afm.jpg

That works but isn't the same looking function as before. But if it works it works. Thanks.

If you have the Google Toolbar check to see if it's popup blocker is stopping the links from opening in a new window. Also try right clicking on the link(s) and select open in new window.

Thats what I was trying to do. Right click doesn't/didn't show any function for "Open in New Window".

Medab1 gave me a link that works just like the old function that is missing so I will just use that for now.

Thanks for all your help.

If you have the Google Toolbar check to see if it's popup blocker is stopping the links from opening in a new window. Also try right clicking on the link(s) and select open in new window.

Thats what I was trying to do. Right click doesn't/didn't show any function for "Open in New Window".

Medab1 gave me a link that works just like the old function that is missing so I will just use that for now.

You could go to the registry & rename it,"Open In New Window" or whatever,But it really isn't worth the effort.

It works as is.:)

You could go to the registry & rename it,"Open In New Window" or whatever,But it really isn't worth the effort.

It works as is.:)

I thought about it and went into the Regedit and was going to rename it,but it works as is and does what I wanted. I just wish I knew what caused the old function to be removed.

I thought about it and went into the Regedit and was going to rename it,but it works as is and does what I wanted. I just wish I knew what caused the old function to be removed.

Have you had any infections lately?

Edited by TheTerrorist_75