A Good Place To Buy Ammunition

Well as some of ya'll know I got a rifle for graduation and it's a Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.1 from WWII. It fires a .303 British round but dang is .303 ammo is hard to find. Does anyone know of a place that has a good ammo selection. I would particularly like to have FMJ ammo cause all the others are meant for hunting. I don't nor ever want to hunt. It'll be strictly for target shooting and I want rounds this rifle was meant to fire like it did in WWII. The only ammo that can be found locally is Remington Core-Lokt hunting rounds that have some soft rounded tip meant for hunting. I want some good ole FMJ military type rounds. Thank you any gun enthusiasts on here.

Well as some of ya'll know I got a rifle for graduation and it's a Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.1 from WWII. It fires a .303 British round but dang is .303 ammo is hard to find. Does anyone know of a place that has a good ammo selection. I would particularly like to have FMJ ammo cause all the others are meant for hunting. I don't nor ever want to hunt. It'll be strictly for target shooting and I want rounds this rifle was meant to fire like it did in WWII. The only ammo that can be found locally is Remington Core-Lokt hunting rounds that have some soft rounded tip meant for hunting. I want some good ole FMJ military type rounds. Thank you any gun enthusiasts on here.

here's some legal info:

To Order Handgun Ammo

FAX or mail a copy of your ID, showing your age, and a signed statement that reads "I am over 21 and there are no laws prohibiting me from owning ammo." Rifle ammo can be shipped to the billing address of the credit card without an AMMO statement.

- A faxed FFL is acceptable.

- No AMMO SALES to AK, HI or MA or to a PO box.

I always do my own reloads. I set some up for hunting and some for target. I subscribe to Guns & Ammo plus many other magazines dealing with shooting sports. Some states have outlawed FMJ rounds. There are other rounds that work just as well. You will need to study what works best in that rifle and for what you want to do. Have that rifle inspected before using any military rounds or hot loads.

http://www.ammobank.com/

http://www.midwayusa.com/

The Gun Guy

http://www.sniperworld.com/

Google:ultimate reloading

Cabela's was a tad hard to navigate but I found some. I also just now thought of Bass Pro shop................... it took me that long to think of it.

sigrims.jpg

:poster_stupid:

Edited by Honda_Boy
Check out Cabela's. I learned a long time ago to make my own by reloading shells. I have 12 rifles & 7 hand guns so its a lot cheaper to reload, just be careful not to much powder over the max.

Hot loads can be a handful. I had a friend give me a few of his .357 mags to test in my Ruger. Nasty mothers. :rolleyes:

If you're looking for original:

.303 British 174 gr. Ammo.

1940's to 1950's production, mixed British manufacturer firepower. Berdan-primed, non-reloadable, corrosive, 174 grain, full metal jacket bullet, brass-cased. Muzzle Velocity: 2,400 F.P.S. Muzzle Energy: 2,224 ft.-lbs

100 Rds. - $17.97

200 rds. - $32.97

400 Rds. - $61.97

oh now that's cool. Does the ammo box come with it. If it don't I have a 100 Round .30 box to stick it in sittin at my grandmother's house. (It was my granddad's). Only problem is the corrosion thing. I don't know how long they'll sit. Then again they've been sittin for 50 years a few more months ain't gonna hurt. I have no means to reload my own rounds either so that ain't a prob and just over $32 for 200 rounds it definately ain't a prob.

Edited by Honda_Boy
Berdan-primed, non-reloadable, corrosive

It's the primer that's corrosive when fired. Be sure to clean, clean, clean after using.. But then, you knew that.

When are you going out to shoot the dang thing? You'll have to post your targets.

i'll shoot it as soon as my dad and I get it inspected and get more ammo. Right now all I have is 20 rounds of Remington Soft Point Core-Lokt hunting rounds, and one of them I ain't gonna fire cause the tip looks too damaged.

i'll shoot it as soon as my dad and I get it inspected and get more ammo. Right now all I have is 20 rounds of Remington Soft Point Core-Lokt hunting rounds, and one of them I ain't gonna fire cause the tip looks too damaged.

If it is just the soft tip of the round then there is no problem.

A semi/wadcutter have nearly flat tips and work just fine.

oh I know they'll work i just don't want them. I want FMJ rounds instead. Plus like I said one round is too damaged and I think it could ruin the barrel.