I installed the new drivers but I don't like the new interface and some stupid SLI deactivated notice keeps coming up everytime I start the computer..............my 6600GT is AGP. There doesn't seem to be as many features as the older drivers and I know they changed the format to make it easier for less knoledgable people but dang it ain't anywhere near as easy as the old drivers. I thought They were a little bit more straight forward.

Is there anyone else out there that has installed them as dissatisfied as myself?

Thanks, Terrorist and Inuyasha for the "Heads up". I don't upgrade drivers unless there is a problem (I know...shame on me, but if it works, don't monkey with it, right? :) )

Wondering, just in case Son decides to update the drivers without telling me beforehand....Inuyasha's second tip involves messing with the registry which scares me to death. Can the Update be "undone" with System Restore?

Thanks,

Liz

Thanks, Terrorist and Inuyasha for the "Heads up". I don't upgrade drivers unless there is a problem (I know...shame on me, but if it works, don't monkey with it, right? :) )

Wondering, just in case Son decides to update the drivers without telling me beforehand....Inuyasha's second tip involves messing with the registry which scares me to death. Can the Update be "undone" with System Restore?

Thanks,

Liz

My friend who has has a XFX 6600 AGP, downloaded the new drivers and try to play CS 1.6, but he said the graphics was effed up.

I have a 5200 PCI card, and CS works fine for me, except now I lag every bad on AOE2.

Hmm, Do you know where I can get some old drivers? The Drivers in my CD are WAYYYYYYYYY to old lol.

Edited by Martint

yeah I have a 6600GT AGP and GoldSrc games like CS and CS:CZ are a little messed up. I was playing deleted scenes cause I haven't played it in a while and the rain was seriously messed up and P90's muzzle flash was messed up. Luckily I keep old drivers out the wazzoo. So I'm still running 84.21. I also still have a copy of 81.98. Always keep back up copies of older versions of drivers.

Edited by Honda_Boy