Woah, Intel Mac users hold on.

The Software Update on your Mac will give you a 64.9MB update to download. The Apple update site however states the PPC update is 65MB while the Intel update is slated at 131MB.

I think i'll wait a few days to see how it pans out on the Discussion boards at Apple because it seems some poeple have installed the PPC update on Intel machines and that has caused all kinds of havoc.

I'm unsure which one to take so i'll play the waiting game for now haha.

Woah, Intel Mac users hold on.

The Software Update on your Mac will give you a 64.9MB update to download. The Apple update site however states the PPC update is 65MB while the Intel update is slated at 131MB.

I think i'll wait a few days to see how it pans out on the Discussion boards at Apple because it seems some poeple have installed the PPC update on Intel machines and that has caused all kinds of havoc.

I'm unsure which one to take so i'll play the waiting game for now haha.

So, I've heard.

Anyhow, proposed improvements with:

Specifically, people who claim to have tested the latest pre-release builds of Mac OS X 10.4.7 say the update will offer fixes for audio playback in iTunes, Final Cut Pro, Soundtrack and QuickTime. It will also improve Bluetooth file transfers, mobile phone synching and mouse pairings, these people have said.

The update has been under development at Apple for a couple months and saw its latest seedings on Thursday in the form of Mac OS X 10.4.7 build 8J2133 (Intel) and Mac OS X 10.4.7 build 8J133 (Power PC). In Delta update form -- the bare bones install requiring Mac OS X 10.4.6 -- the updates are said to weigh in at a hefty 130MB and 64MB, respectively.

Testers have also disclosed that Apple has implemented fixes into the release for saving Adobe and Quark documents to AFP mounted volumes, syncing files and other data to .Mac, and using iChat to create chat rooms over the AIM protocol.

Additional enhancements will target PDF workflows in applications like iCal and iPhoto, importing files into Keynote 3, ensuring icons are spaced correctly when viewed on desktop, and importing and removing fonts in Apple's Font Book application.

-Apple Insider

Edited by Fiddytree85

Well, I took the plunge and installed the update on my Macbook Pro. Just to be safe I didn't use the Software Updater rather I downloaded the full version from the Apple Support Downloads site.

Went flawlessly. Nothing has really changed other than the trackpad supports right clicking when 2 fingers are on the trackpad. Useful feature that is immediately noticable as long as you enable it in the settings.