Hey Everyone,

I just installed a new forum mod that allows you to email your friends and tell them about the BestTechie Forums with ease. All you have to do is fill in their email and click the button. It is located at the bottom of the forum page. So start spreading the word about BestTechie! B)

B

Thanks to Pierce one of our resident Windows Experts who can also code some 1337 php and mysql stuff, thought it would be better if he created a more secure 'Tell A Friend'. So I'd like to thank him for recoding it so we can have image verification and a few added security things. Make sure you type the image code because you can't copy it that will not work.

Thanks again Pierce :thumbsup:

B

Awesome! Thanks, Jeff and Pierce and welcome, Kyle

Question: (ha!, I know...) I tried emailing myself so I knew what the message looked like and it didn't arrive. Is that something we can't do (email it to ourselves)? If so, what is the message? I'm betting it's very welcoming and well done, but Enquiry Minds Want to Know :)

Liz

Here is the message it sends to the person you're emailing.

Note: where it says "your friend(Besttechie)" that will be your username in the parenthesis.

Hi There,

Your friend(Besttechie) thought you may be interested in our forums. The BestTechie Forums offer free tech and computer support in a family friendly enviornment. While we are a computer and tech support site we also have an open chat and comedy club for more relaxed discussion.

You can check it out here: http://www.besttechie.net/forums/

Sincerely,

The BestTechie Administration

Bottom of the page on the Forum index, below the statistics section.

For what it's worth, I'm not to crazy about having my special email name shown there as I considered that a private email addy when I signed up!!!

Luckily only hubby and I have access to this computer so even if I forget to log out no one but us will see it. But definitely wouldn't like it showing publicly if other people had access to the computer.

Pat

God bless everyone

hahaha, wow, i still dont see it!

this is what im seeing........................... all looks the same as it always has!

ScreenShot002-1.jpg

kinda small, might need magnifying glass, lol

Edited by jamaicaman

Ah I see. You're using a skin that isn't really set up for our forum. I didn't really think anyone used that skin and I don't update it, you're better off using the other one. Anyway, that's why you don't see it.

B

• 3 weeks later...